Chapter 74

The Next Day(bcuz this gets really interesting..)

The next morning, I hear the sound of Joey's voice whispering in my ear.

"Good morning, Nina." He spoke his handsome voice that I loved so much.

"Morning, Joey." I responded in a groggy voice.

"Happy birthday." He then kissed me on the cheek.

"That's today?"

"Yup."

"Bleh! Give me the present of sleep instead." I then turned onto my side.

"But Nina, we're going to the beach today, remember?"

"But I don't have a swimsuit, and I can't even swim in a condition like mine. Well-both of them."

"Please, Nina. It won't be fun celebrating your birthday without you personally being there with us."

I started to sit up. "I'll think about it on one condition: you find me a cute maternity swimsuit that comes with a coverup and has some pink in it."

"Okay, awesome." He then got out of bed, grabbed his keys, kissed me, and then was out the door. I decided that since I was now awake, I might as well get up. I sat up from my chair and went over to Bryce's crib when I noticed he wasn't there.

Maybe he was crying so Meghan came to get him while I was sleeping, I thought in my head. Suddenly my stomach started growling, so I decided to go downstairs and make myself some breakfast.

I go down the steps and into the kitchen to see Meghan with Bryce, David, Connor, Jenny, Sawyer, Jade, and Daniel under a banner that read:

"Happy 22nd Birthday, Nina!"

While screaming the exact thing at the top of their lungs. I put my hands over my mouth and went in to hug them all and we did a group hug for a moment.

I started to tear up. "You guys are the best!"

"Anything for you, Nina." Connor smiled. I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a big hug. I looked over at Daniel, who was now in the corner of the kitchen. I walked over to him to talk to him for a little bit.

"Hi Daniel." I waved when I went over to him.

"Hey, Nina. Happy birthday."

"Thanks. It's nice of you to come over and hang out for this breakfast bash even though we've only met once."

"Joey invited me. He said it would give us a chance for us to hang out a little bit."

"That sounds like something Joey would say." I laughed.

"Yeah. So, what do you do?"

"I am a manager at Barnes and Noble by the mall."(she got a new job when they moved, just to catch you up on things.)

"Woah that's cool."

"I guess. What about you, Mr. Preda?"

"I'm a model."

"That's more interesting than working at a bookstore!" That made him laugh.

"Yeah, but it can get kinda boring after a while, but it's paying the bills."

"Nina, cmon! We made you a birthday pancake!" Meghan yelled as I turned my attention towards the gigantic stack of pancakes with a 22 candle on the top and covered in maple syrup.

"Awh! You guys are amazing!" They then started singing happy birthday until Joey finally came into the kitchen and started to sing along with a Walgreens bag in his hand.

"Happy birthday, Naomi Renee." Joey said with a big smile on his face. I then went up to him and kissed him with passion. I love him so much.

After we ate our breakfast, everyone started to get dressed  for the beach. Joey got me a gold and black two piece swimsuit and a black shirt to go onto of it.