Chapter 3

When I woke up to my nap, I heard the sound of my phone ringing and vibrating through my pants. It was playing the song "Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez, so that meant it had to be Joey.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hey, Nina. Whatcha up to?" Joey said into the phone.

"You, waking me up from my nap." I said while putting my hair through my hair to make it go to the other side of my face.

"Oh, well, I was wondering if you wanted to go do something later on or something. Like, going to grab something to eat or maybe I can come over to do something with you or we could hang out with one of my other friends or something like that."

"Um, we could grab something from a fast food restaurant and we could meet back at my place and watch one of the animes I have at my house."

"Sure, sounds like a plan."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I then hung up the phone and flopped back on my bed.

How was I blessed so good to be able to have this boy in my life?

BEEP BEEP!

That was the sound of Joey's horn to his car.

I ran to the door, grabbed a pair of my shoes, grabbed my shoes off the kitchen counter, and jumped into Joey's car.

We then came home about 15 minutes later and put our stuff on the table. We ended up getting Wendy's because it was healthier than McDonald's and a short her drive away than Burger King.

We then sat down at my table and watched Salior Moon and talked about our hopes and dreams and other mushy stuff like that. Not the best thing to talk about, but we basically knew almost everything about each other by now.

"So, Nina. When's your birthday?" Joey asked out of nowhere. That has me suspicious to what he was planning...

"Uhm, the week after next week's Friday, why?"

"Oh, no reason."

"When's your birthday, Riddler?"

He then did a little chuckle and said, "May 16, three months ago."

Oh, August, the worst month of my life. School starts back, bills and rent start to pile back up. It all makes me wanna flush myself down the toilet.

"Speaking of which, today's Sunday right?"

"Yeah, why?" Joey asked while taking a bite of his hamburger.

"Oh my God, I have class tomorrow!"

"What school do you go to?" he asked again with a bit of mustard on the side of his face.

I quickly reacted and took a napkin and wiped the mustard off like he was my child.

"I go to University of Southern California. I take classes there on weekdays from 9 to 1. It takes out ALL of my energy."

"Oh, well that sucks."

"Then, my devil of a supervisor, Millie, works me to death every Wednesday to Friday and sometimes I'll work on the weekends. So my days are sometimes packed."

"Oh, sorry for you kiddo. But don't worry. Everything happens for a reason."

"Well, this reason better be good."

We then turned on the TV and began watching Adventure Time with Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. It was kinda like an anime, I guess you could say..

After that, it began getting dark, so Joey went home. I wish he could've spent the night again so that I could get a chance to snuggle next to him again.

After about half an hour, I ordered a pizza and gave Sniffles her eggs and sausage dinner. Lucky girl having breakfast for dinner.

After a few more minutes, the pizza came and I also got a text from Sawyer.

"Hey, can I come over? I wanted to ask you something." he asked in his text.

"Uhm, sure." I answered.

He was then over in another half an hour, so when he came I opened the door.

"Hey, Sawyer. Want some pizza?" I offered.

"Sure." he replied while grabbing a slice and sitting on the couch.

I sat next to him to be able to hear what he wanted.

"So, what's up?" I asked with a bunch of pizza stuffed in my mouth.

"Well, I couldn't help but to ask: Do you have a crush on Joey?"

I almost chocked on my pizza from hearing the words that had came out his moth.

"What?!" I replied while catching my breath.

"You know, do you like Joey? Because you have been spending a lot of time with him, and you guys text and talk on the phone more than you have ever talked to me since all of us met. So, let me ask you again: Do you, Nina Fury, have a crush on my friend, Joseph Graceffa?" Sawyer explained while pacing back and forth.

I sighed. "Yes, I do have a crush on Joey, but I don't want him to know yet! He's my new best friend, and I'm afraid that if I tell him how I feel, he might not feel the same and it might make out friendship awkward."

I then got on my knees and grabbed Sawyer's pant leg. "Please, Sawyer! Please promise you won't tell Joey! Please!"

He then made me let go of him while exclaiming, "Alright, alright! I won't tell Joey!"

I then let go of him and clapped my hands three times. "Thank you, you're the best." I then gave him a hug and he accepted by wrapping his arms around my back.

Sawyer's such a good friend. I'm so glad that he didn't tell Joey. If he would've, our friendship would be at risk. I couldn't let that happen to him, to me, to us.