Chapter 56

He released me from the hug and looked at me very surprised. He didn't know I was gonna do that. Nobody did.

"Hi, I'm Lily. It's nice to meet you, Nina. Joey's told me so much about you." Lily said breaking the awkward silence.

"Hi, Lily. I've always wanted to meet you. You're one of my favorite YouTubers and I love watching your videos all the time."

"Oh cool. So, I'm gonna go talk to Connor over there, so I'll be back over here soon." She said as she walked off and left me and Joey there to just stare at each other.

"So..what happened? Why all of a sudden you wanted to forgive me?" Joey asked in confusion.

I sighed. "Meghan came over earlier to my house and told me about everything and how it all happened and mainly that you two were drunk, and I can understand. I get a little out of control when drunk just like you did. We all have those days, and I can understand that. Just know that this is your last strike before you're out of here."

He gave me another hug and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. I then went over to Jenny and Sawyer who looked like they were having a fun time.

"Oh hey Nina." She said when I came over to them.

"Hey. You guys having a good time over here?"

"Good, more like AMAZING. This DJ really knows how to party. He's awesome."

"Well, I've gotta go talk to Meghan, but I'll see you guys later."

"M'kay. Bye Nina."

I then walked over to Meghan, who was still in the corner and looking really sad. As soon as I walked over, she put a big smile on her face.

"Hi Nina." She said.

"Spill it." I demanded.

"Huh?"

"That is the fakest smile I've ever seen, and you know it too. Spill the fake smile, Meghan."

She then went back to her original face. "That's better. Now, what's wrong?"

"Everything."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you got mad at Joey about sleeping with me, my mom called me and said that she was wanting to take me back into her house back in Fresno, and my brother is in the hospital because he got hit by a car."

"DAVID GOT HIT BY A CAR!?"

"No, his twin brother Christian."

"You have two brothers?"

"Three actually." (Author here, is JD actually Meghan's brother?)

"Oh. So, what's happened to him now?"

"He's in the hospital back in my hometown, Fresno. I'm going back tomorrow, but I can't go all by myself."

"Well, can I come with you?"

"Of course! Road trip!" We then high fives and kept talking. After a while, I noticed that Jade and Kaden had gotten out of the pool, so I went over to talk to them.

"Alright Meghan, I'm gonna go talk to Jade really quickly. See you tomorrow." I said as I started to walk over to my friend.

"Alrighty then. See you too!"

I then was in her face as she was walking backwards and bumped into me.

"Hey! Watch where you're go–Oh hey, Nina!" She tried to yell but then realized it was me.

"Hey, thanks for not screaming at me. So, what's up?"

"Not much. Didn't think you would be here since..you know..the thing with you and Joey.."

"Oh, I don't care about that. I forgave him."

"YOU DID WHAT!?!"

"I said, 'I FORGAVE HIM!' Do you need a hearing aid?"

"Shut up, Nina. But why would you forgive a man that slept with another girl?!"

"Put yourself in my shoes for a second. You're one month away from having a baby. You are one month away from having a wedding. Your fiancé slept with your best girl YouTuber friend, and now you wanna break up with him, even though he and your other roommate pay most of the bills while you sit around all day like a bum. And don't forget your entire wedding that you spent over 5 grand on, and that will go to waste if you don't marry him. Now, would you wanna dump him?"

Jade shook her head. "Didn't think so."

"Can I at least punch him in the face?"

"No, I need all of him, especially his face, Jade."

She sighed. "Fine, but if he does this again, don't expect him not to get jumped by me and my crew."

I laughed. "Now that I give you permission for!"

After that little chat, we then chatted about how her and Kaden were going to the Bahamas after me and Joey's wedding for a week about her accomplishment. After a few more minutes, Jenny came over to us and as soon as Jade spotted her, she immediately rolled her eyes.

"Hi Jenny." I said when she reached us.

"Hey, Nina. Hello, Jade." She said with a big smile on her face.

"Jennifer." Jade disgustedly spoke.

"Please don't call me that. Look, I have tried my best to be nice to you and always wanted to be nice for the last few months now, and you haven't spoken to me since our conversation on the phone. If you don't want to be my friend anymore, I don't care anymore. I am happy with the one friend and sweet boyfriend I've got."

"Good, I don't need an ugly little devil child of a friend like you."

She gasped. "How dare you insult my red hair!"

"No, I'm talking about the horns growing outta yo head!"

Jenny started to go towards Jade, but I separated then before any violence could go about.

"Stop, stop, stop! Now I am sick of you two fighting about such a simple choice of words! Jenny, I know you thought it was the right thing to do to call Kaden a dipsh**, but it wasn't right. That is someone that you have known for years, and someone that Jade really cares about. Try not to talk about one of your best friends like that agin. And Jade, you see that Jenny cares so much about you being her best friend so much, but you know you have to forgive her at some point. You two have known each other longer than you've even known me. You have been there for each other through thick and thin. You've always cared about each other..but why stop now? Now, I'm gonna leave to get some of that chocolate fountain, and while I'm gone, I want you two to make up." I then walked away slowly.

Five minutes later when I come back from the fountain with a few strawberries and marshmallows, I see Jade and Jenny hugging.

"Well, look who made up!" I said as I walked back over to them.

"Yeah, what you said really got to us, Nina. You are the best motivational speaker for people who need to make up." Jenny said as she put her arm around Jade and Jade did the same to Jenny.

"Basically, thanks..for everything, Nina." Jade said. Then they all pulled me in for a big hug. After that I checked the time. 9:47. I think I should go.

"Guys, it's getting late and I'm getting kinda tired. I think I'm gonna leave." I said.

"Oh, okay, Nina. I understand. Baby's gotta sleep."

"Yeah, I guess. Well, I'll be going. Bye."

"Bye." They then said at the same time. I then went through the gate again and went into my car. I started up my engine and went back to my place while listening to some of Taylor Swift's RED album. As soon as I got home I went straight into my room and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.