Chapter 44

After Vanessa finally left, we then started to watch a movie on Netflix and eat popcorn. Jenny also came over and we all watch old episodes of the Walking Dead and talked about what we at all gonna do tomorrow.

"What are you too gonna do, Nina?" Jenny asked me.

"Well, we are going to go to Disney Land for the whole day, then we will go to a movie, and then go to Red Lobster for dinner." Joey explained. I never knew about Red Lobster!

I nodded my head.

"Hold up, you guys. I've gotta go to the bathroom." I said as I got up from my seat and went into the room.

By the time I came out, I hear Sawyer and Joey talking about something.

"C'mon Joey. You can't keep this act up for long." Sawyer whispers, but I can still hear them.

"Yeah, I know. But what about Nina? She'll be hurt when I tell her." Joey says with doubt in his voice.

"But eventually it will get out. You have to tell her."

"I guess I will, but what if I still love her after I do it?"

"Then you will still love her."

I can't take this anymore. I have to know.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask when I'm in the doorway of the room. They immediately point their attention to me.

"Oh, um..not much, actually." Joey says nervously.

"Then what's all that about. You will have to tell me what eventually? I don't comprehend?"

"I-I-I don't think you're ready yet."

"Ready for what, Joey?"

"You know what, never mind. Just forget it."

"I don't even know what to forget."

"This conversation, and me and Sawyer's conversation."

"Okay then, I guess.." I then go onto the couch and lay down in Joey's lap. Suddenly, Jenny comes back into the apartment with a camera in her hand.

"Alright, I got the camera. Let's take a first Valentine's Day photo!" Jenny said while setting up the camera. She then let me and Joey take a picture. I felt so embarrassed since I had my sweatpants and crop top on! It was a pretty good picture, though.

Then, her and Sawyer took a picture. They put it on a timer because I'm 'not the best expert at taking pictures'. Her words not mine!

After they took their picture, I checked the time. 8:38.

"Hey, you guys wanna get dinner?" I asked them. They all nodded their heads. "Okay, what do you want me to go get?"

"Umm..I haven't had Chick-Fil-A in a long time. How about that?" Jenny suggested.

"Alright then. I'll go get some chicken then." I then grabbed my jacket and keys and on my way out the door, I hear Joey say, "Make sure to cover up my baby boy!"

I giggle. "Don't worry, I will!" I then walk out the door and down to my car. Beside my car, I see Vanessa.

"Vanessa!?" I say with fright in my voice. "You scared the crap out of me! What are you still doing here?"

"What am I doing here? It's not like I have anywhere else to go. I can't go back to our apartment because Trevor's there, I can't go anywhere else because I don't know LA like that. All I know is my house and your house." She explained.

"How about this: you can come with me to Chick-Fil-A and you can hang out with us until you think you should go back to your place for bed. You need enough energy for you and Sawyer and Jenny's good day tomorrow, am I right?"

"Yeah, I think you're right. Alright, let's go!" We then got into my car and went to the drive thru at Chick-Fil-A about five minutes from our apartment complex. We got us all some food and was back in the apartment in 15 minutes.

"Hey, we're back." I yelled when I unlocked the door.

"We?" Joey asked when he got up from the couch and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, we. As in me and Vanessa."

She then came in through the door way with the food. Everyone's mouths were wide open.

"Why is she still here?" Joey whispered into my ear.

"Because I felt bad for her. She was sitting outside my car and I asked her if she wanted to come with me to the drive thru and hang out until she wanted to go home." I explained while keeping my voice down.

"Fine, she can stay, but don't let her get into any funny business with me."

"Okay." I then kissed him and got my bag of food and handed everyone else their's.

For the rest of the night it was quiet. Vanessa went home around 9, and after that we watched another movie on Netflix. After the movie, it was midnight, so me and Joey went to bed while Jenny and Sawyer watched another show on Netflix.

"Goodnight, Joey." I said as I snuggled onto his chest and into his arms.

"Goodnight, Nina." He whispered into my ear as I drifted to sleep slowly.

~~~~~Dream~~~~~

"Let him go!" I screamed at the back of a chair.

The chair suddenly turned around and I saw Trevor's face.

"We meet again, Naomi Fury." He says with an evil smirk.

"I don't care for your games, Trevor. Just let my son go."

"Oh, you mean, this son?" He then shows on the screen a room that has my baby boy trapped in it.

"Mama.." He says with fright throughout his voice.

"I'm coming for you son!" I scream, even though he couldn't possibly hear me.

Suddenly, a force of strength comes behind me and pulls my arms behind my back.

"Ugh!" I struggle. "Let me go!"

"Not even if the world depended on it." The manly voice behind me said. His grip tightened even more powerful.

I turn around and see a glimpse of who was tightening my arms. All I see is his brown hair and beautiful grey eyes.

"Joey!?" I screamed. Why is Joey the one behind this!? I thought he loved me. Now he's torturing me against my will.

~~~~~End of Dream~~~~~

"Stop, stop, stop!" I screamed and shook until I was finally awake.

"Oh! It was all a dream!" I realized as I started to calm down. I then checked the time on my phone. 6:51.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I whisper into Joey's ear as he still slept. I then settled back into his arms and fell back asleep.