Chapter 55: Part 2

"I...."

"You what Joey?"

The principal then called my name.

"I slept with Meghan..."

I just stood there in shock.

"You did what?"

"Umm, Naomi Fury-Graceffa? Can you get your degree please?" The principal called.

I then put one finger up at Joey and went up to get my degree. As I went up on stage, I heard everyone from the bleachers cheering me on. I got my degree, shook the vice principal's hand, and went offstage and back to my seat. As I sat back down, everything came right back into my face.

That must've been the secret that Joey was keeping from me.

That is what Meghan was talking about earlier when she sent me that text.

That would be Joey's third time almost cheating on me since we've been dating.

I then put my head on my hands and started crying. Why did he do this to me? If he loved me or our baby enough, he knows he wouldn't have done this. After the ceremony, we all went outside, took some selfies and pictures together, and chatted a little bit. Joey kept trying to talk to me, but I wouldn't budge.

This really made me upset, not even kissing another girl was bad like what he did with Vanessa. But sleeping with them made it even worse. Meghan was crying on one of the walls by the school, I knew she really felt bad about it. Meghan was one of my best friends, and at least she came to me earlier than Joey did. That was a real sign that she was a good friend.

After all the excitement died down, I started to walk back to my car and go back to change for the party while Joey kept chasing after me while screaming my name. I ignored him until I unlocked my door. He jumped into the passenger seat and I got in and started the engine.

"Nina, please talk to me." Joey begged.

"Get out of my car."

"Please Nina, I'm begging you."

"I said get out of my car."

"Nina, for one min–"

"GET OUT AND IM NOT GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN, JOSEPH! YOU HAVE HURT ME SO MANY TIMES AND IM SICK OF IT! AT LEAST MEGHAN WAS A GOOD FRIEND AND TOLD ME SHE HAD TO TELL ME SOMETHING WHEN I WAS GOING BACK TO CHANGE AT THE HOUSE. JOEY, NEXT MONTH IS OUR WEDDING! NEXT MONTH OUR BABY IS GONNA BE BORN, AND YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS?! JUST GET OUT OF MY FREAKING CAR AND ILL TALK TO YOU LATER!" I screamed.

He then was quiet and began to open the door and leave with his hands in his pocket and head looking down. I just sat in the parking lot for a few minutes and cried. I'm so sick of this bull crap and all of this drama in my life. I wish things could go back to the way they were when Joey and I were just two normal young adults trying to be friends and never having to worry about all of this.

After I finished, I began to get out my phone and text Meghan. I told her to meet me at my house later, and don't bring Joey with her. She replied with Alright and I was back on the road to my house. A few minutes after I got home I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Meghan's beautiful face. I told her to come in and sit. She sat in the couch and I sat next to her.

"Do you need anything, like a water bottle or something?" I asked politely.

"No thanks, I'm fine." She replied.

"Okay. So, tell me what happened between you and Joey. I'm not talking to him right now, so I need you to tell me what's going on."

"Okay, so Joey came over to my house a few nights ago and we got bored and I had the idea to go out to the bar down the street from my house. We went and Joey got drunk really fast, so I took him back to his hotel room and made him lay down. He kept flirting with me and I kept ignoring him, but he won't leave me alone. All of a sudden, he kissed me and I kissed back. Then, the next morning we wake up completely naked in the bed and I realized all what happened. I got changed and went back to my house. He came over later and I told him we needed to tell you and he said you'd overreact so we didn't tell you until now. And that's all what happened."

"I understand. Thanks for telling me, Meghan. You're a really good friend." I then hugged her and we started to watch Adventure Time on Netflix. After the season was over, I checked the time. 7:03. I need to get ready for the party.

"Alright, Meghan. I have to get ready for the party. You should be going to."

"Oh, okay. Well, see you then."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye!" I then shut the door behind her and started to get ready. I ended up wearing a black and white striped shirt with white jeans and galaxy Converse. After I got dressed, I redid my makeup and hair and gave myself wavy hair and braided it into a French braid. By the time I finished, it was already 7:57. I should be leaving. I then grabbed my jean jacket, phone, and keys and was out the door.

When I got to Kaden's house, I checked the time. 8:11. I went into the backyard of his house and saw flashing lights, dance floor, pool, DJ playing a few sick beats, and a bunch of food right next to a chocolate fountain. I looked around and saw Jade and Kaden in the pool, Jenny dancing with Sawyer on the dance floor, and Meghan talking to Connor and Joey with Lily(aka Superwoman). I started walking over to Joey and as soon as I walked half way over to him, he saw me and immediately got spooked.

"Nina, look I'm sorry about every, just please–" he started but I cut him off with the most powerful violence of all..

A kiss.

I then gave him a hug and said, "I forgive you. I forgive you for everything. I'm sorry."