Chapter 29

A/N: One more read away! Tell your friends!

~~~~~

December 23, 2013

Today is one of the best days of my life, sometimes: going back to Montana. I get on the plane today, and I have my stuff packed and my gifts are on a big backpack as well. There are two extra gifts, also. This is because I like to preorder my gifts. So when I got the gifts back in September, Alexa and my dad were still alive. Now when I look at my extra gifts on Christmas Day, I might cry.

Anyways, my plane was boarding at noon, so I checked the time after I was finished packing. 10:27(author here, as I'm writing this it is 10:27 at night! Crazy, right?). I still had time to make breakfast.

I made myself a toast, bacon, and eggs with a fruit smoothie and make Sniffles an exotic sunny-side up eggs with a hint of peanut butter, which is her favorite snack.

After I finished eating my breakfast and watching MTV, I checked the time again. 10:59. I should start getting ready to go.

I get dressed in a black long-sleeved t-shirt with a flannel red and black blouse on top of it with black jeans and red sneakers. After I finished getting dressed I checked the time again. 11:11. I should probably be making my way to the airport.

I put Sniffles in her carry-in cage, put her in the backseat of my car, put my suitcase in my trunk, and get my purse, fluffy jacket, and phone in my car and was on my way to the airport.

When I finally arrived, I checked the time again. 11:26.

I take all of my stuff, including Sniffles, inside the airport and went through luggage check and the airport's animal care(author here, do not correct me about animals when they go to the airport. I've never been on a plane before, let alone with a pet. So, don't judge if this is wrong.)

I then wait for my plane to arrive at the airport. I then begin to listen to my iTunes Radio on my phone. Vanilla Twilight by Owl City began to play. That was me and Joey's favorite song as a couple. It used to be so happy to us when listening to it. Now it's just filled with sadness and loneliness.

I wish me and Joey could get back together, so that he and I would be going to Montana or Boston together, as a somewhat family.

While listening to Vanilla Twilight, I felt a tear drop down my cheek. Why was he such a part of my life now that we were together?

Why did I have to bump into him at the grocery store? If I never went to Whole Foods that night, this wouldn't be happening. 

I would've never went to dinner with Joey...

Never would've had my 21st birthday party filled with my favorite YouTubers... 

Never would've kissed Joey and him asking to still be friends with me...

Never would've kissed Joey in the rain...

Never would've met Joey's family...

Never would've gotten hurt over Joey kissing another girl...

Never would Joey almost die by Tyler trying to shoot him...

Never would've had my sister die while saving Joey's sister...

So, if I would've gone to Whole Foods the next day, technically, I wouldn't have had the best five months of my life. Sure we had our ups and downs, but we were still together no matter what. I loved Joey, and Joey loved me.

After the song went off, I hear something over the intercom.

"Attention passengers. Due to the extreme weather conditions coming down from the north, we are sorry to inform you that all flights are cancelled. Have a nice day, and Merry Christmas."

"Ugh, are you kidding me!? Now how am I supposed to get home for Christmas!?" I yelled.

"I know how you feel." A strange voice said behind me. I turned around, and who do I see? The savior of my life, Joey.

We just stared at each other for a few seconds until I spoke up the courage to talk to him.

"Hi...Joey."

"Hi, Nina."

I couldn't take it anymore! I had to have him back in my life!

I quickly ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me, and as I looked up at him and his beard, I kissed his lips and finally felt at peace with the world again.

"Oh, Joey. You don't know how much I've missed being around you these past few days. I love you, and will never leave you alone again. I promise." 

"Nina. I've missed you, too. You are the only one I will ever want, and I will always want you by my side for the rest of my life."

We kissed again and even more sparks flew as everyone in the airport clapped for our show of affection for each other. Since both of our flights were cancelled, we decided we would spend our Christmas together instead of across the United States from each other. We went to animal care to pick up Sniffles and headed back to Sawyer and Joey's house for some hot cocoa and Adventure Time.

I was so happy to have Joey back in my life again. Now that he was in, I don't know what I would do without him. He is the best boyfriend ever and I will always have him in my life, no matter what happens to either one of us. 

We are a family, and always will be. 

"We will be together forever. Guaranteed."