Chapter 43

The next morning, I wake up to my stomach rumbling, and not just because I was hungry. I quickly run into the bathroom and dip my head into the toilet. I then throw up a bit.

Joey is awoken by my morning sickness and comes into the bathroom and holds my head back away from my face.

After I was finally finished throwing up, I went in the kitchen and got a water bottle out of the kitchen.

"Thanks for holding my hair back, Joey." I say as I take a sip from my water.

"Well, you don't wanna get vomit in that beautiful hair of yours." He spoke and made me blush.

"Oh stop it." I tap his arm.

A knock then suddenly taps on the door. "I'll get it." I say as I run to the door and put my hand on the knob.

When I swing the door open, I saw someone I haven't seen in a long time–Vanessa!?

Vanessa.
The same Vanessa who kissed Joey at the bar.

The same Vanessa who cornered me at my job and threatened me to stay away from Joey.

The same Vanessa that tied up Alexa, Nicole, and Joey back in Montana.

And the same Vanessa who, last time I saw, was dating Trevor and lived happily ever after, at least in my dreams.

I now see that same Vanessa in my doorway, but not in a 'I wanna kill you and take your boyfriend away from you' kinda way, but she was actually crying.

"Vanessa!?" I say surprisingly.

"Hi, Nina. Glad you still remember me." She whines, while walking into the house and sits on the couch.

I then sit next to her and pat her on the back. "What's wrong? Last time I saw you, you were happy together with Trevor."

"That's why I'm sad. We moved down to LA a few months ago, I asked him what are we doing for Valentine's Day, and he got angry with me. He said he didn't wanna do anything. I said it was the most romantic holiday in the year, so we had to do something romantic, and he said he didn't love me enough to do anything special. So I ran away and came here since you guys are full of relationship experience." She explained, dreading through the tears.

"Well, you could either spend Valentine's Day by yourself, you could spend it with friends–" Vanessa then interrupted me as I was listing things she could do.

"So that means I can spend Valentine's with you guys!? Thanks a million, guys." She then got up and went into the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Gatorade that we had in the fridge.

"Umm, Nina. Can I talk to you for a second..outside." Joey asked, irritatedly. We then go outside the apartment and into the hallway while closing the door behind us.

"Now why is Vanessa spending VALENTINE'S DAY with us suddenly!? I don't know about you, but I wanna be able to spend a whole day at Disney Land with the love of my life and my baby boy." Joey asks.

"I don't know how! I was just telling her suggestions on what to do on Valentine's Day since her and Trevor broke up, but when I said that she could spend it with friends, she must have thought it was an invitation to spend it with us or something." I explained.

"Well, you've gotta tell her that we're busy tomorrow, so she can't go with us."

"But Joey, that's rude."

"So? I wanna spend tomorrow alone..with you..nobody else.."

"But Joey–"

"No buts, no cuts, no coconuts, Nina."

"Eww..coconut. Bleh!(author here, fun fact about Aniya: she hates coconut irl too!)"

"Whatever. You've gotta tell her eventually. Unless you done wanna go to Disney Land anymore.."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! We are going to Disney Land. We've gotta tell her she can't come."

"That's what I've been saying this entire time!"

"But I actually wanna make this happen."

"Whatever, Naomi Renee."

"If you say so, Joseph Michael."

We then kiss and go back inside the apartment. We see Vanessa still on the couch, drinking one of our Gatorades and watching TV.

"Vanessa?" I say while coming in and shutting the door behind us.

She points her attention to us and smiles. She then suddenly gets up and stands in front of us. "Oh you're back. So, what are we doing this Valentine's, love buddies?"

I look back at Joey. He nods his head, signaling to me that it's okay to tell her.

"About that, Vanessa..um..how do I put this nicely?"

Her smiles quickly fades away. "Put what nicely? What's going on, you guys?"

Sawyer then walks in the living room. "The thing is, Vanessa..."

I then suddenly get an idea. "The thing is..Sawyer and Jenny wanted to spend Valentine's Day with you. They are having a lotta fun tomorrow and they wanted to spend it all with you!"

Great plan, Nina!

Sawyer then looks over at me with wide eyes. "Hold up! Me and Jenny are doing too much tomorrow!"

"That's why it would be perfect to let her spend it all with you!"

"But–why can't she go with you and Joey to Dis-"

"Dis–appearing Camp? It's too boring for her. On her Valentine's Day, she needs excitement! That's why I suggested for her to go with you guys!"

Sawyer rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine! I guess me and Jenny can cancel our plans and do something else with her. Then we can do the stuff we planned for tomorrow and hold it off until until the next day."

"Great idea, Sawyer. Now, go crazy with her! But..not that crazy..because you have a girlfriend.."

"I'll call Jenny right away and let her know, I guess."

"That's my boy!" He then gets up and goes into his room.

"Alright, guys. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then..I think I've wasted enough of your time!" She then takes her Gatorade and leaves.

"Phew! That was a close one! The best apart about it is that we don't have to take her to Disney Land with us. " I say as I sit down on the couch again.

"Oh, I know right? That's the best part about today. The worst is that we have to still see her tomorrow." Joey exclaims while sitting down next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Hey, just be lucky we don't have to spend the entire day with them like Sawyer does."

He giggles. "Yeah, I guess we're lucky."