Chapter 15

The next day, i woke up to Joey being next to me in my hospital bed.

"Morning, Nina. Today is the day I can take you home!" Joey said very stalker-ish.

"That sounds so wrong." I say to Joey in a very sleepy voice. He then rolls his eyes and gets up.

A few minutes later, a nurse comes and brings me some scrambled eggs and bacon and orange juice.

Me and Joey eat the breakfast together. It felt so romantic.

Two hours later, I was finally able to go home. I walk inside and run to Sniffles and give her a big hug. After the drama I've been through the past couple of days, I really need an old friend to cheer me up.

After we unpack my stuff, we watch a movie on my Mac and fall asleep.

I just couldn't stop thinking about Trevor. I remember that back in high school I was crazy about him. I remember the hopes and dreams of wanting to date him, even if he was a year older than me. I remember the guts I had when I finally talked to him.

~~Flashback~~~

I walk up to Trevor. It's the last day of school and I finally had the guts to talk to Trevor before he leaves high school forever.

"Hey...uh...Trevor." I said nervously while putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hi, Nina. Listen, I'm gonna miss you being my friend and all, but even while I'm not in high school with you, I hope we can still be friends." Trevor explained.

He then hugs me and I kiss him on the neck very gently. He then smiles at me and walks away.

I slide down the lockers and put my head inside my knees.

"Why didn't I ask him out? Why didn't I really kiss him? Why didn't I tell him how I felt?" I said to myself.

I then hear footsteps approach my body and look up to see the boy of my dreams.

"I was thinking the same things about mysel, Nina." He says while holding his hand out.

I grab his hand and was pulled up to my feet. He wraps his his arms around my waist and I wrap my hands around his neck. We then passionately kiss, and it felt magical. I didn't want to be in anybod else's arms other than his.

~~End of flashback~~

I finally wake up to my Mac in my lap and Joey next to me in the bedroom.

I shake him a little, but realize he's had a rough few days so just leave him alone.

I look over at his face and see that he has facial hair growing. Cool!

I go into the kitchen and get me some chips to eat. I sit on the couch while stroking Sniffles' fur. We watched some cartoons while eating the chips until Joey comes into the room.

"Hey, my favorite girls in the world! What you doing?" He says while sitting on the couch next to us. I blush and point to the TV.

"Watching Looney Tunes." I responded. He then puts his arms around me and watches the show with us.

All of a sudden, I hear a knock on the door. Joey and I get up and answers it together.

"Good morning, you two lovebirds. Here's a letter that came in the mail for you guys." Our neighbor had said while handing us a piece of paper. We then sat around the table and opened the letter.

"Dear Naomi and Joseph,

If you are reading this, you may know that something must be wrong. I have kidnapped Naomi's sister and Joseph's brother and sister, the people that mean the most to you. If you ever want to see then again, come to the old factory in Minnesota to rescue them. Naomi knows all about the old factory. You have 9 hours before they go goodbye. Your time starts now.