Chapter 28

A/N: Tell your friends about my book! Just 5 more ppl away from getting 500 views! C'mon ppl, read, read, READ!

~~~~

"Pregnant!?" I asked in shock. Those words made me get out of my shivering and go completely pale.

"Yes pregnant. So avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or anything harmful for a child to carry around or the baby could put itself and you in danger."

He gave me a prescription paper and took me back in the waiting room. Joey was sitting down, reading a fashion magazine. He didn't even notice when I came out the office. 

I walked up to him. Still didn't notice me.

"How's the fashion for this month?" I asked Joey, leaving him so startled that he almost dropped the magazine.

"Well-uh-it's...pretty good."

I giggled.

"So, you ready to go?" Joey asked while picking up the keys off the coffee table in the waiting room.

He took the blanket I had and re-wrapped it around my body as soon as the cold air hit our bodies. We got into the car and started to make our way home.

"So, how was it?" Joey asked me as he drove.

"It went...pretty good."

"Okay. So...what's wrong with you?"

"Oh...nothing really. Probably just a cold or something."

He saw the paper in my hand. Crap...

He took the paper out of my hand and began to read it. He gasped and looked at me when we got to a stop light.

"Nina...you're PREGNANT!?"

I paused. I nodded my head. His smile grew bigger and bigger.

"I'm glad I'm going to be the father to the most precious child in the world. With the help of a beautiful woman by my side."

He pulled over to the side of the road and attacked my lips graciously. But for once, I didn't feel the spark. He got back on the road and drove us all the way home. He was so happy to become a father in September, and I was so happy to be the mother of a child who's father was Joseph Micheal Graceffa.

We finally got home and Joey carried me inside like a little baby. We got into the house and he kissed me passionately and put me down gently on the couch.

I still didn't feel the spark.

What is going on? I always feel sparks when I kiss Joey. Why isn't it happening anymore?

Anyways, we then watched a movie and ate popcorn for the rest of the night until we crashed on the couch. In the middle of the night, Joey then carried me into the bed where he got in after he tucked me in under the blankets and I laid on his chest as I thought of how lucky our baby is going to be with a father-figure like Joey.

December 21, 2013

~~~~~~

It's been over two weeks since I figured out that I was pregnant, and so far, there hasn't been any spark between me and Joey. Since we were basically growing apart, a couple of days ago I was visiting my old apartment for a few days and sleeping there since I still owned it. I also told all my friends about the baby, and they're so excited about it.

Anyways, I wake up that morning to Sniffles right next to me still sleeping. I scratched her back a bit and tried not to disturb her gentle sleep.

 I got into my kitchen to make me a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a glass of orange juice. 

Then, I go into my living room and watch some TV. As I'm eating, I get a text message. I reach for my phone, which was right beside me on the couch, and look who the text message was from. It was from Joey.

Joey 💚(now):

Hey, tomorrow's the Storytellers premiere in uptown LA. R u coming?

Why would he ask me this question? Of course I'm going! I have to support my boyfriend and soon-to-be baby daddy somehow.

I slide the text message over and begin to text him back.

"Yea, Joey! Of course I'm going! I wouldn't miss out on a day like this!"

"Awe! U r the cutest and sweetest girl I've ever met."

"☺️"

I then put my phone down and continue to eat my breakfast. After I was finished, I checked the time. 11:03. I have a lot of free time today. Maybe I could-

As I was deep in my thoughts, I was interrupted by the ring of my door bell. I get up and walk over to the door. I open it, and see my beautiful boyfriend standing right there in front of me.

"Hi." Joey awkwardly said as we stood there staring at each other.

"Hey..." I answered.

"So, I was wondering...when are you movie back in with me and Sawyer? I miss you, and it's kinda boring nowadays without you."

"Probably when I'm ready. I've been a bit homesick, so probably for Christmas I'm going back up to Montana."

"Oh, well. I hope you come back soon. Just know that I'm not pressuring you to come back."

The truth is, I think ever since we figured out we were having a baby, we've grown apart from each other. That's probably why I never felt the spark when we kissed anymore. I think that was the appropriate time to let him go.

"Joey, I have to tell you something..."

"Yea?"

I sighed. "We've been together for five months, and those five months have been the best moments of my life! But, ever since the night club experience, we've been growing apart. So, until we're actually ready to be in a state where we're both happy...I'm out of school...our baby is born...we're ready to become parents to the beautiful baby boy or girl..."

I started to cry.

"Maybe we should break up." 

Saying those words were like a bullet to the heart. There was a tear that was flowing down Joey's left cheek.

"Well...okay then..." Joey started. "I guess this is true, and I've been having the same feelings."

"One last kiss?"

"Sure."

We then passionately were pecking each other''s lips in the doorway of my house. It was the right thing to do, because as we kissed, I still didn't feel the spark.

After the kiss, we hugged as our bodies swooned back and forth, uncontrollably. We finally released as I saw Joey whole face turn bright red, tears dropping left and right.

"Goodbye, Joseph." I said as he walked to his car. 

He looked back at me. "Goodbye, Naomi." He then started the engine and left my driveway. I then sat on my couch and cried for an hour or so. 

What have I done?, I kept thinking to myself. I let the most perfect guy for me out of my life so quickly. I didn't care if the spark was gone or everything we had together wasn't special anymore...what really mattered was that I loved Joey, and I always will love Joey. I was such a doofus for thinking that breaking up with him was the greatest idea. I should get him back, somehow.