Chapter 48

That next morning, I was awoken by a crashing noise in the living room. I quickly got up from my bed, grabbed my crunches, and went into the place where the noise came from.

"What is going on in here?!" I yelled, still half asleep.

"Sorry, Nina. I dropped some pots and pans and it was really loud." Sawyer explained.

I looked around and saw that Joey wasn't in the living room. I saw he wasn't next to me while I was sleeping either.

"Hey, where's Joey?"

"He went to the store to grab some groceries really quick. He'll be back soon."

"Okay." I then walked as best as I could with my crunches back to bed and prompted my leg back on a pillow. I then slowly drifted back off to sleep.

A few minutes later, I felt a warm voice against the back of my neck.

"Niiiiinnaaaaaaa. Niiiiiiiiinaaaaaaaa. Wake up, Niiiiiinnaaaaaa." The voice said.

I groaned and hit the voice with a pillow.

"Hey! That's not nice!" The voice yelled. I suddenly darted my eyes open and turned around and see Joey, holding his hand against his head.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you okay!?" I exclaimed while trying to roll over to try to comfort him.

"Yeah, I guess I'm fine." Joey says while trying to put his hand around me but struggling caused by the crunches. He then forgot about it and we walked over and sat on the couch.

After watching TV for about an hour, I get a call. It's Disney Land.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, Naomi? This is Officer Riles. We are calling to tell you about your injury and what happened." The person explained.

"Really? What happened?"

"Well, it seems that you were shoved down really fast by a man with long blonde hair that stopped to his shoulders and his girlfriend with long, brown hair that stopped to her back. They were holding hands at first but he stopped, pushed you down, then went back to holding hands. If you know who this is, you can re contact us at this number and tell us, and then we will bring him in for questioning."

"Alright..thank you officer."

I then hung up the phone. I went back inside and closed the door behind me. I struggled my way back to the couch and mumbled under my breathe.

"What'd you say, Nina?" Joey asked me while putting his arm around me.

"I know who broke it.." I said louder.

"You do? Who did it?" I then got up and grabbed my keys and my coat.

"Let's go in my car." I said while opening back the door. Joey then followed my downstairs and carried me down. He put me into the car and started the engine. I got out my phone and told him to go to the specific address on the map. In about fifteen minutes, we were at a rigid, broken down apartment complex and went to the apartment on the far left.

I knocked on the door and told them to open up.

A few seconds later, I saw the most familiar face I have ever seen in my life.

"Trevor." I said with a angry tone in my voice.

"Well, hello Nina! I see you have broken your leg. How has that happened?" He informed with a evil smirk on his face.

"I know you and your little girlfriend did this! You're the one who pushed me down at Disney Land and broke my leg! Now I wanna punch you in the face!"

"Okay, okay. Slow down. Number one, yes it was me who pushed you down, but no it wasn't Vanessa that was with me. That was my side chick, Valerie. She kinda looks like Vanessa though, but her face is better looking then Vanessa's."

"Well, if she's prettier, than why don't you just break up with Vanessa and date Valerie for real?"

"Because of the term 'side chick' doesn't actually mean the same thing as a 'main chick'. Duh, Nina."

"Well, you and Valerie can pay for my medical bill to fix my leg since you're the one who broke it."

"No way! You can't prove that I did that!"

"You just told me that you did it, and the Disneyland workers caught you on video footage. Of course I have proof that you did it."

"But you don't have actual proof that I did it."

"Yeah I do because I caught you on speaker with my phone saying it too. So, now all I have to do is report you, take you to jail for attempt injury, then you will have to take money from your wallet and pay for my injury. So, thank you for your time." I then took our my phone and started to walk away.

I got back in the car and Joey was just staring at me. "So what happened?" He asked.

"Don't worry, I got evidence now." I then put a smirk on my face and we drove home and started to drift off to sleep on the couch. Together. Nobody else. I love when it's just me and Joey. Soon it will be me, Joey, and our new baby.

~~~~
author's Note:

Hi guys, so I don't want Nina to have a broken leg for long, so I might speed the book up to where she has her cast off and she's close or is about to have her baby. Just wanted to clarify the next few chapters.

Also, I'm starting to get confused about how I'm writing these chapters, because I'm starting to get ahead of my usual writing scheduled, so when I'm actually writing this chapter, it's really Friday night.

-MW153