Chapter 75

After about another hour in the van, we finally made it to the beach. We got out the car with all of our umbrellas, towels, cooler, and snacks, we were then walking towards the beach and started to plan our way to attack when we noticed that there were hardly any people there.

I checked the time. 9:28. No wonder nobody's here!

"Alright, since everyone put on sunblock in the car, I want Joey, David, and Daniel to go find us a spot to get settled. Nina, Connor, and me are gonna go find us some food. Sawyer, Jenny, and Jade are gonna go get drinks from the gas station across the street." Meghan instructed and then we all split up to do what we were needed. Connor went to a hotdog stand by the road that we past to get most of the group some food, Meghan went to get some more snacks from another cool gas station down the road, and I went to go get some people some pizza.

On my way back with three whole pies of pizza, I see that the boys already got us a spot.

But that's not the only thing I see.

I also see Joey, looking like he's flirting with Daniel. Whispering into each other's ears, pushing each other with passion in their eyes, until something stabbed me in the heart.

I saw them lean in for a kiss..

"NO!" I yell from all across the beach while dropping the pizza and running towards them. When I got there, completely out of breathe, I shoved Daniel to the ground and stared at Joey for a moment in anger.

"How could you do this, Joseph!? How!? Why!? Especially on my birthday! This is the most sick thing you've ever done to me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as tears dropped down my cheeks rapidly. I looked into the blur of my tears and tried to look at those gorgeous grey eyes, but all i saw was pain.

Pain from trusting him.

Pain from all these years of putting up with him for over two years.

Pain from him being in my life at all.

I turned around and started to run, even though I didn't know where I was going. All I know is that I was running away from him. I saw a bridge up ahead of the road.

Perfect.

I turned around to see Joey right behind me. I started to run towards the bridge. It wasn't that far down the road; at least a mile.

By the time I made it, I could hardly breathe. I looked down at the ocean below the bridge and started to cry. Joey was starting to come slightly behind me.

"Nina, don't jump!" He screamed with tears in his eyes.

"Why shouldn't I!? Everything I do isn't good enough! I let my mom down, my dad down, my sister down, even myself down! And most importantly, I let you slip away from me." I stated to go closer to the edge. "You were one of my only things that kept me going in life after I thought sister died. She was most important in my life. After I thought she was gone, I had nothing but you. Joey, I love you with all my heart..but I can't keep living like this. You always hurting me, I move out for a few days, we talk it out then we're back together again. We need to break this cycle..and that can start now."

Joey got closer to me. "Nina, you never slipped away from me. That wasn't even an almost kissing thing, Daniel almost kissed me but I was about to stop it when you came over and pushed him down. If I didn't want you to love me anymore, then I would be sitting in my apartment with Sawyer, still single and not wanting to date you at all. I love you, Nina. Nobody else can replace you. You are my one and only, and nobody can take that from you."

He started to come closer and put me in his arms.

A place where I'm never broken-hearted.

"You're my one and only." Joey started to fight back his tears.

"I know that now and forever." I responded, tears still flowing in my eyes as he held me on the edge of the bridge.

I didn't matter that we were scared of heights, nothing did. The only thing that mattered is our love for each other.

~~~~

I do this all the time! Why are you guys still reading this!? I'm a horrible person for doing this all the freaking time!!

Love you!

~MW153