Chapter 17

After we got out the hospital, Armani asked if I could stay the night with her because she didn't trust herself being alone without the thoughts. I said it was fine with me, so we drove back home and got my bag out the car.

After I get my bag in my old room, I go to the bathroom and start my shower. While I shower, I think about all the good moments me and my dad have had together. There are a bunch of them, too. I missed him.

When I got out the shower, I put on my clothes and quickly hear sobbing and crying coming from Armani's room.

I quickly run to her and comfort her in her sad state. She was having her thoughts again. I haven't heard about her having her thoughts ever since she moved in with my dad. It always made me so sad that she would have this kind of serious thing going through her head.

"I don't want this anymore! I wanna be dead already! Let me die!" Armani kept on screaming through her whimpers. 

"Armani, do you want me to sleep in here with you for the night?" I asked, with hopes she wouldn't kill herself while I'm sleeping.

"That'll be nice." She replied.

We then turned on the TV, got under the covers, and talked about the most randomest crap we could. That's the same thing we would do when we were little. 

We ended up going to sleep around 2:55 in morning, which was earlier than we used to when we were little. By the time we woke up, it was already 12:47, which means I was about to miss my plane back to LA.

"Crap!" I yelled while running to my room and getting on my clothes. I ended up waking Armani with my loud screaming and slamming and other stuff.

"What? Wait, huh? What's wrong?" She said in her tired, frightened tone.

I slammed the drawer shut and tried to put on my shoes while hopping to keep my balance.

"Sorry I woke you. It's just if I wanna get to LA by tonight, I better hurry up and get to the airport. Like, immediately!" I tell her. After she puts on her bedroom shoes, she helps me get my stuff to the car and gets me to the airport. 

When we finally get there, I check the time. 12:58. 

"Okay, I have literally TWO MINUTES to get on the plane. Let's hurry." 

We get my stuff out the car, run quickly to the wing, and just as we get there, the clock strikes 1:00.

"Yay, we made it!" Armani exclaimed while giving me a hug. They then call my flight as we released.

"Well, it looks like I've gotta go." I say with a tear stroking down my cheek. "Im gonna miss you, Armanj."

"I'm gonna miss you, Nin."

We hug one last time, but were interrupted by one of the flight attendants telling me it was time to go.

"Babe, just remember that you are worth something in this world, even if your immediate family doesn't think so. Just know that you are my rock and I can't live in this world without you. I love you, Armani. And I don't wanna lose you."

I stroke her cheek as she cries and give her one last quick hug. She then walks away and I turn towards the flight attendant.

"Is that your girlfriend?" She asked as I hand her my ticket.

"No! She's my cousin!" I say.

"Ohhh." 

When I get on the plane, I put my bag above my seat and sat down. I then got out my phone and started to listen to some old songs on my Pandora while falling asleep.

When I woke up, the plane was about to land so I had to pack up my things up and wait for the official landing.

When I finally made my way in the airport, I got out to the parking lot, got in my car, and drove home. 

As I drove, I called Sawyer to make sure Joey's pickup went okay.

"Hello." Sawyer answers.

"Hey, Sawyer. It's Nina."

"Oh. Hey Nina. How was Montana?"

"It was okay. I had to comfort my cousin from her thoughts and we had a night as kids. Look, I was calling to see how Joey's pickup went."

"Oh, it went fine. The doctor gave him stitches where he got shot and I think it makes a really cool he has an awesome scar."

"Ok, cool. I'm on my way home, so I'll be there soon."

"Alright. Drive safe."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

We hung up the phone, and in under 15 minutes I was home to see my little Joey-bug. 

I quickly got my stuff out the car and run upstairs and unlock the door. I go put my stuff on the bed and go give Joey a hug, who was on the couch watching TV.

"Joey! Babe, I missed you so much!" I yelled.

"Nina! I missed you, too." He replied. I then kiss him passionately and get lost deep in his arms and on his lips. 

We then end up watching TV while laying on the couch together. I don't know how I could ever live without him. He is my heart, my love, my life.