Chapter 79

December 23, 2014

~~~~~

It's two days before me and Joey's 2nd Christmas together. This year it's just going to be me, Joey, Meghan, and Bryce because everyone else went back home, including Alexa. Connor went back to Minnesota yesterday and even gave me a new red and pink flannel shirt for my present. I got him a new phone case that said, "All I Need Is 🍕 In My Life". Knowing him, he loved it.

I didn't buy Joey anything yet, but I know what he'd like.

I opened my eyes that morning and expected to see Joey next to me, but no. It was only Wolf.

I pet his soft black and white fur as he licks my hand. "Hi Wolfie. How are you this morning?" I say in my usual baby voice. He licked my hand once more before I got up and started to get dressed. I put on a black crop top with my new flannel Connor bought me, black joggers, and my black converse.

After I was finished, I went downstairs to find Joey cooking breakfast and Bryce in the living room, walking and playing around with Chewie. I would've stayed in there to watch them, but Meghan was already doing my job for me. So, I went to say hi to Joey.

"Hi, Joey." I groaned, still a bit sleepy. I went behind him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Hey, Nina. Where are you heading out to?" Joey asked me, continuing to make breakfast.

"Nowhere for you to know."

"Okay.." I gave him another kiss and got my keys, phone, and left the house to go buy a present.

About half an hour later, I finally reached the mall. I thought about buying him a nice dress shirt, but I figured that he already have a bunch of those. I kept thinking of things to get him, but nothing good came to mind that he didn't already had. After a while, I just went to the food court and bought an 8-count chicken nugget with a medium lemonade.

After I got my food, I sat down sighing and sadly drank my lemonade.

"Can't figure out what to get, can you?" A feminine voice behind me spoke. I turned around in my chair and saw a woman that looked around my age, short dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a hot pink shirt with light ripped jeans and pink Vans.

"How could you tell?" I said.

"Because I had that exact same look on my face ten seconds ago."

I giggled at that. "You're funny. My name's Nina."

"Jaylen." She said as she shook my hand. I invited her to sit down and we chatted some more about perfect gift ideas.

"So, what man are you shopping for? Brother, dad.." She looked down at my stomach. "Baby daddy..?"

I giggled a bit. "It's for my husband."

"Dang, he got you in good."

"Yeah, we've been married about seven months now. Have a little baby boy and a girl on the way."

"That's cool. Me and my boyfriend don't have kids yet, but I hope we can one day."

"What's his name?"

"Carter."

"Awe. I ship it." I then made a hashtag with my fingers. "#Jarter!"

"Shut up!" She then pushed me playfully and I pushed her back.

"So, what's your guy into?" I asked, taking another sip of my lemonade.

"The basic wannabe thug stuff: hip hop music, wearing saggy cargo pants, BBW."

I looked at her confused until I finally realized what it was. "So why not get him an album of a hip hip rapper or something?"

"He already has a bunch at his house piled up in live five stacks as tall as a skyscraper."

"Oh...well why not a poster?"

"Nicki Minaj, Drake, and a Lil Wayne cutout." That was kinda creepy, but I didn't wanna be rude to my new friend.

"Well..uh..does he like sports?"

"Yeah, the New York Giants."

"Well, why don't you get him a signed baseball bat offline or something?"

"Already got one for his 20th birthday."

"Well, how about a cap? I'm running out of ideas here."

"He doesn't have that..that's perfect! Thanks Nina! Give me your number so we can talk to each other again sometime."

"Sure, okay."

We exchanged phones and put each other's numbers into them.

"Okay, thanks again Nina. Hope everything with Joey goes perfectly fine. Bye!" She hugged me and went over to Champs to buy the cap. I felt good that I helped her, but bad that she didn't help me in return. It was fine though, because nobody knows Joey like I do.

Another hour of shopping later, I didn't know what to do, so I just tweeted out that I didn't know what to get Joey and I needed help. One fan said to get him some Minecraft props from GameStop, and I thought that was perfect, so I went to GameStop and bought him an iron sword because he already has a diamond one, a light up torch, and a diamond pickaxe.

When I got home, I decided to leave the stuff in my car so he won't find it in the house.

This will be the best Christmas ever.

~~~~~~

I hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the week next week because I go on Spring Break after today! Yayyyy! Doing nothing around the house gives me joy sometimes...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

~MW153