The return

"Bucky!" you dropped your water bottle and sprinted at him jumping up and wrapping your arms and legs around his waist holding him closely. "You finally made it home" you sighed nestling your head in the crook of his neck. He spun you in a circle kissing the top of your head.
"I promised to come home to you doll" he held you so tightly it almost hurt. You pulled back to look at him in the face and he didn't waste time in bringing his lips to yours. It felt like time stopped as he started kissing you hungrily as if he was starved of it. You couldn't help but moan a bit feeling his stubble burning against your skin. You ran your hands through his hair while trying to pull him in closer to you. He was holding you up with most of your weight balanced with his metal arm.
"God, I missed you" he pulled back to look at you.
"I missed you so much" you leaned forward and kissed him again. "You were gone forever"
"You counted again?" he chuckled.
"Of course, I did the whole time" you giggled while he turned you in a circle.
"I rushed off the jet, the others will be here soon" he kissed you softly again. "I'm just going to take a quick shower, and I'll be in to bed"
"You promise?" you hesitated, wondering if this was a dream or not.
"You'll thank me for taking a shower" he winked at you giving you another kiss. He started to set you down when Nat and Bruce came around the corner. You ran at them giving them both a hug, while Bucky slipped into his room.
"We missed you kitten" Nat gave you a kiss on the cheek while Bruce held you tightly for a moment. They all looked worse for wear you noticed, and exhausted. Steve came in and you looked at him wondering if he would be okay if you hugged him and he beat you to it, giving you a bear hug.
"I'm glad your home" you whispered against his chest.
"Glad to be home Y/N" he let you go. You knew the others were probably headed straight to their rooms, so you would see them in the morning. You went and grabbed the bottle of water you had dropped and went back into your room, turning the music down a little bit.

You waited a good fifteen minutes with Leia, Harry, and Chewy keeping you company before Bucky came in. He was full of bruises on his upper torso from what you could see. You studied him closely while he walked towards the bed, you didn't say a word. You reached up and gingerly touched his chest as he came closer, studying the bruises closely. He grunted a little as he went to sit on the side of the bed, and you saw there was more bruising on his back as well.
"What happened?" you finally whispered feeling tears well up. He looked to be in pain, and that thought broke your heart.
"It was a pretty active base, there was a lot of people there. No one got shot or hurt too bad. Bruce patched up any knife wounds that we got as we went. Mine and Stevie's already healed" he whispered. "We blew up the base once we sent back as many as we could for prison time. There's nothing left doll"
"Are you okay?" you kissed his shoulder, staring into his eyes.
"I just need a good night's sleep with my girl" he gave a flirty grin and laid down beside you.
"Okay, but no snuggles. I don't want to hurt you" you started to move away.
"Don't do that, I need you" he shook his head. "I need to hold you" his voice went to a whisper. You nodded and scooted closer to him putting an arm on his chest and your head on his shoulder. He turned on his side surprising you and pulled you so you were encased in both of his arms, your face in his chest. You put an arm to go over his side, and closed your eyes taking in the moment. He leaned down and kissed you on top of your head.
"This better not be just a dream, or else Happy is paying during training tomorrow" you whispered against his chest.
"If it's a dream, it's the best one I've ever had" Bucky chuckled.

You woke up in the morning pinned under Bucky's body, he was still fast asleep. Even in his sleep he was careful not to put too much weight on you. You reached up slightly and kissed him gently on the lips before trying to slip out of bed from him. You weren't the most successful, since you could barely move.
"Baby" you whispered to him. "I need to go make breakfast" you gave him another kiss on the lips. This time you felt him kiss you back, slowly taking his time while deepening the kiss. You played a hand lazily in his hair while enjoying yourself immensely.
"Good morning" he smiled at you tiredly pulling back.
"The best of good morning's handsome" you whispered back.
"Let them order breakfast in" he pulled you in for another kiss and you giggled.
"I need to make breakfast, I promised Happy" you sighed giving him a quick chaste kiss on the lips. "Get a little more sleep" you gave him another one for good measure and he groaned while you wiggled out of the bed from him.
"Tomorrow, promise me to stay in bed until I wake up" he half asked, half told you.
"You have my word, my love" you grinned at him blushing slightly when he looked at you surprised. You went into your closet and put on a pair of black leggings, a powder blue sports bra, and a black t-shirt on top. You put on sneakers, but grabbed a pair of heels too just in case you could talk Happy into sparring with you again.
You were just finishing brushing your teeth when you heard a knock at the door, and you knew it was Happy with your morning latte. Forgetting Bucky was trying to sleep you came running out letting out a squeal.
"Good morning sunshine" Happy greeted you and you pulled him into a quick hug.
"How is it you know exactly what I need to start the day?" you took the cup and closed the door quickly behind you.
"Because I've gotten to know you, and you my dear, like sweet things" he joked. "I tried a different one this morning. Its called salted caramel. Reminds me of one of the batches of cookies you made". You took a sip and started doing the dance he had come to adore.
"I love it" you sighed happily. "Thank you Happs" you bumped him in the shoulder while you both headed to the kitchen.
"Okay, you have to teach me how to make those waffles" he watched you set down your drink and put on an apron.
"Put the apron on, I'll let you help" you gave him a smile. "We have to make a big recipe today"
"I saw Tony briefly this morning, they look exhausted" he acknowledged everyone was back.
"They came in around midnight" you nodded. "Bucky is pretty badly bruised, they all looked worse for wear" your voice went to a whisper. "So lets surprise them with a big breakfast"
"Tell me where you need me" he grinned. You started to pull out all the ingredients you needed for the waffles and showed him how you made the batter, just adding more cinnamon and nutmeg with a grin. You let Happy take the wheel after that so you could focus on making a large fruit salad, eggs, and bacon.