Bunnies**

By the time the others came down for supper, you were still laying across Bucky's lap watching the third Hobbit movie. You had barely moved the entire time, he had kept checking to see if you were sleeping, but you were just captivated by the movie itself. Once in a while, he would pull your hand up to his lips to give it a kiss, or you would nuzzle your head in his lap a bit. He found himself chuckling, thinking you had no idea what you were doing to him.
"I ordered pizza again" Tony came in the room with Bruce who seemed focused on you. He knelt in front of you, and you tried to look past him at the movie. Bucky chuckled again, and paused the movie for you. You groaned and stretched a bit, sitting up to match Bruce's gaze.
"I just want to check to see how your healing" he started pulling at the side of some of the gauze on your upper arms. Seeming satisfied, he pulled it off completely, then went to the spot that the tracker was put in but it was still healing. "I need to see your back, Y/N" he cleared his throat. You flushed and looked to make sure there wasn't anyone else coming. Tony went to stand in the hallway, so you pulled off your shirt and turned your back to him. Bucky took your shirt and held it firmly to your breasts giving you an apologetic smile.
"He doesn't need to see the front doll" he saw you turn red again.
"It's almost healed, interesting. You used both kind of wings again?" Bruce pulled the gauze off completely and studied the blisters that were left behind. He could tell there had been a lot of damage, but it was mainly gone at this point.
"Not on purpose" you admitted.
"Take it easy on your back for the next few hours, but you should be good by the time you go to bed" he started putting the gauze all in the trash bin while Bucky helped you put your shirt back on. Tony realized what was going on and came back in.
"I'm still curious as to why your flames didn't hurt me" Tony seemed to pace in front of you.
"I didn't want to hurt you, Tony. You were in your suit, it wasn't on purpose that it came out" you rolled your eyes.
"I should have felt the heat" he shook his head. "I want to do more tests" he said finally.
"What kind of tests?" Bucky asked, taking on a protective role.
"I want to measure the amount of heat the flames output. I have a hypothesis and I need answers for it. You okay with that Kitten?" Tony asked politely. "Tomorrow, instead of weapons training, let Bruce and I run a few tests on you"
"Isn't Shuri supposed to be here soon?" you nodded consent anyways.
"She's on her way the day after tomorrow" Bruce nodded. "She has a formula that you just drink, and a machine she will hook you up to while you're asleep. It will be painless and last less than a few hours"
"Then no more trigger words?" you gave a soft smile, excited at the idea.
"No more trigger words" Tony confirmed. "Bucky went through it too. We test it after by saying the words. There shouldn't be any issues"
"What if it doesn't work?" you frowned a little.
"It will work" Bucky pulled you into an embrace, careful with how much he was touching your back. You leaned into him and turned so you could rest your forehead against his. You just needed a moment for the doubt to leave your mind. "Shuri is one of the smartest people I've ever met" he whispered to you, touching you on your cheek gazing into your eyes.
"Pizza should be here any minute, Friday, let the team know" Tony left to go to the front door.
"You two finish your movie" Bruce ruffled your hair. "Its almost over anyways"
"Thanks" Bucky smiled at him, while you stretched out across his lap again and nuzzled your face in his lap. He chuckled and tried not to move while hitting play on the movie again. When you started crying at the ending, he ran his hands through your hair and rubbed a hand along your arm. "What's wrong doll?" he whispered.
"They loved each other so much, they didn't deserve that" you wiped at your own tears frustrated. "Now she is going to spend the rest of her lifetime loving him, while he waits for her in eternity. Its not fair"
"Its just a movie doll" he leaned down and kissed you on the side of your head.
"And a really great book" you reminded him.
"Come on, lets go eat" he tapped you on the butt to your surprise and you looked at him in shock. He gave a cheeky grin. "We have more movies to watch after" he added.