Chapter 95

Chapter 95: Spencer's POV

Jenna and I walked down the stairs ever so slowly.

"Do you guys want something to drink?" Mr. Cavanaugh asked.

"No, thank you. I'll just go back home," I said and started for the door. Before I got there, the door already opened and outside stood Toby, looking tired, but still incredibly sexy in that suit and tie.

"Toby!" I yelled and ran up to him, put my hands around his neck, and kissed him on his lips.

He winced and I let go.

"Woah, you two are dating?" Mr. Cavanaugh asked. 

Shit, I was supposed to be Mona.

"Yeah, she's Spencer, my girlfiend," Toby told his dad.

"Um, why don't we go outside and talk?" I said, trying to avoid a confrontation and took Toby outside.

"Where were you?" I asked him after closing the door. "I was shit scared about you and then I saw your car got crashed and -"

"My car got crashed?" he asked.

"Yeah, Wren was driving it and he crashed." I didn't add the part that he crashed because he was talking on the phone with me.

"Well, where is he? Where's my car?"

"Toby! Your car will be fine! It's covered by insurance and the police know it's a stolen car." It was annoying me that he wasn't telling me where he even went. "Can you just focus and tell me where you went?"

"I told you," he began impatiently. "A taxi driver picked me up after that douche bag ditched me and drove off with my car."

"Then why did you text me from a blocked number? And more importantly, why didn't you call me?"

"It's complicated," Toby replied. I could tell that he was hiding something.

"Well, why don't you think up a story and then call me when you're ready," I said and stormed off.

I expected him to call me back, fight for me, but to my disappointment, he just went back inside his house. Boys are such assholes.