Chapter 300

Chapter 300: Toby's POV

"Spencer Hastings, will you do the honor of marrying me?"

Everything went black for about five minutes. Either people around us were screaming or it was super quiet. I couldn't really make out a difference.

"Toby," Spencer finally said and smiled. She glanced at the ring and wiped a tear off her face.

She needed to answer quickly because my knee was hurting.

"I've never wanted anything as much as this."

"So that's a yes?"

"It's more than a yes!" she yelled and bent down and kissed me. The crowd around us erupted in applause and that's when I blanked out legitimately. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Grandma, I'm engaged!" Spencer yelled into the phone. She looked so cute, jumping up and down, and shrieking every five seconds. She kept examining the ring as I watched her while sitting on her bed.

I laid back on the bed, knowing that this call would take forever. It was well past midnight, but we were both too excited to sleep. She spent the entire car ride back, telling her parents the good news, and luckily, Mama and Papa Hastings seemed to approve.

I told Spencer I'd give her five years, but I couldn't wait that long. I knew she was the most beautiful girl in the world, so why wait? Ever since I fell in love with her, I knew she was the one I wanted to spend my whole life with. The Golden Gate Bridge was truly a magical place for a proposal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!" Spencer said as she jumped on top of me.

"Ow! At least, warn me first!"

"At least I said yes this time."

"I'm sorry my memory took out the million times I proposed to you before," I joked as she started kissing me while she lay on top of me.

"I feel like we should sleep," I suggested, feeling exhausted from all of today's events.

"Stay with me."

"What?" I asked. "Where did that question come from?"

"Stay here. In California. With me," Spencer pleaded.

"Yeah, I'll be here for a few days."

"No, I mean, ditch Rosewood. I want to be with you all the time. We're engaged after all."

"How about my family? School?"

"You're old enough to be on your own," Spencer replied and I raised an eyebrow. "And there are plenty of community colleges here."

I wanted to say no, but I knew I couldn't. "Okay, I'll figure stuff out and come here as soon as possible."

Spencer smiled the most beautiful smile I've never seen. "I love how much you've sacrificed for me."

"I'd do anything for my girl. You're my fiance."

"Let's hope it stays that way," she replied and rested her head on my chest.

"Wait, what does that mean?" I asked in shock.

"Goodnight, Toby. I love you."