Chapter 301

Chapter 301: Spencer's POV

"Get upppppppppppppppppppppp!" Toby yelled and I opened my eyes.

"Fuck off," I replied and threw a pillow at him.

"Let's go out. Lunch with your parents. Come on."

"Since when did you love my parents so much?"

"They're going to be my in-laws. I need to kiss up," he smirked and jumped on top of me.

"If you let me sleep for an hour more, I'll set up a lunch date," I negotiated and he lay down next to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just be yourself and don't try to be different just because we're engaged now," I told Toby as we entered the restaurant. "My parents love you and know you're the only guy for me."

"Do you have reservations?" a cute little lady asked when we walked in. It was a small Italian restaurant and I was dressed in a casual top and jeans while Toby wore jeans and a blue shirt. Nothing too fancy.

"Yeah. Hastings. Party of four. My parents are here already."

"Oh, yes, follow me." She led us to the back corner of the restaurant where Mom and Dad were already sitting at a table for four, staring at their menus. When they saw us, they stood up and hugged us.

"Congratulations!" Mom said for the millionth time as we sat down.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hastings. I'm actually super glad you and Mr. Hastings are approving," Toby said and smiled. "I would've asked for permission before I proposed, but I guess this was just so spontaneous and I wanted to do it right away."

"No problem, Toby," Dad replied and waved his hand. "We're just happy we're going to have an amazing guy like you as part of our family. We've never seen our little baby as happy as she is when you're with her."

I blushed from happiness. I knew Mom and Dad had their suspicions about Toby back when we started dating, but I was so glad they had come around. Even if it had taken seven years...

"So when are we going to start planning for the wedding?" Mom asked.

"Mom, not for a week at least. We haven't even set a date. No need to rush."

"We need a venue! Date! Food! Invitations! Flowers! Decorations! Invite list!" Mom babbled.

"Veronica, calm down," Dad snapped. "So, Toby, going back to Rosewood soon?"

"Um, actually, he's going to move here," I answered for Toby and he nodded. "We're going to live together if that's okay with you."

"So what looks good on the menu?" Mom asked, completely ignoring my question.

"I heard their spaghetti is super good," Dad pitched in. I looked at Toby, fidgeting in his chair.

"I'm going to excuse myself to use the restroom before I order," he said and stood up.

"Spencer, hunny," Mom said as soon as he left. "Why is Toby moving to California? I thought he went to school in Rosewood."

"Mom, we want to do this. We're getting married so we're obviously old enough to make our own decisions. And this is what we decided."

"You mean what you decided," she whispered and gave me a disappointed look.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just because our family is female dominant doesn't mean you should make all the decisions. It's clear he doesn't want to move here."

"Mom, there's plenty of community colleges here."

"His family is back there," Mom said as Dad just continued staring at the menu, listening to our conversation.

"We are his new family," I reminded her. "Please stop making this lunch awkward. No mentioning anything about the wedding. Please, Mom."

"I just want to make sure you guys know what you're getting into. You can't postpone some things and then decide you're living together so quickly."

"Just be nice," I pleaded and Mom nodded.

"Don't pressure Toby into doing what you want to do. You need to learn how to compromise. I know we women want to get our way all the time, but that can't always happen."

"I'll talk to Toby after, okay?" I agreed as we saw Toby walk back to the table.

"Sorry about that," he said and sat down.

"It's okay," I said and kissed him on his lips. Mom gave me a sharp look.

"What was that for? In front of your parents?" Toby whispered.

"Just a sneak peek of what I'm going to let you do to me when we get back to my place," I whispered back and Toby turned red.

Mom was wrong. I didn't know what compromise meant. I needed to win. I always win no matter what it takes.