Chapter 76

Chapter 76: Toby's POV

Well, this was awkward. At least we had clothes on.

"What is Toby Cavanaugh doing in our house? And in your room?" Mrs. Hastings yelled.

Spencer looked down so I pitched in. "Mrs. Hastings, I assure you nothing happened," I lied. "We hang out like this all the time."

"What?" she yelled. "How do you even know Toby?" she asked Spencer.

It suddenly struck me. "You didn't tell her we were dating?" I asked Spencer, thorougly embarrassed.

"Look, Toby," she began, but I cut her off.

"Save it," I said and opened her door. "I'll call you later."

"Stay," Mrs. Hastings told me so I closed the door.

"You two are dating and you didn't tell me, Spencer?"

"Look, Mom, not telling you about our relationship was stupid of me, but just don't blame Toby," Spencer said. "He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I, I love him." 

I smiled and started tearing up a little, but I quickly wiped them away.

"Tomorrow, lunch. Your father and I will get to know Toby and see if he's right for you," Mrs. Hastings told us. "Now, please go home, Toby."

"Yes, ma'am," I said and left the house without saying goodbye to Spencer for I was shit scared that Mrs. Hastings would beat me up if I even laid an eye on her.