Chapter 60

Chapter 60: Toby's POV

We left Spencer's house soon after. We headed out to The Brew. Emily was working there. As we sat in the table, she came to us.

"Hey guys," she said shyly. It was akward between us. We hadn't spoken in so long.

"I need to use the bathroom," Spencer said and got up. Emily took her place.

"So you guys are dating now? I'm really happy for you guys," Emily told me, trying to fake a smile.

"Em, is there something wrong? Are you jealous of Spencer or something?"

"JEALOUS? Toby, if you haven't heard, I'm not interested in people like you," she said.

"You're not interested in people like me? So you like quiet nerds or guys without six packs," I remarked. I couldn't help myself.

"No, Toby, I'm not interested in guys at all," Emily told me and looked away, blushing.

"Oh, Em, I had no idea. I'm so proud of you and I hope she makes you happy because you deserve it. I couldn't make you happy back at Homecoming. I hope she does a better job than me."

"She does. She's amazing and she makes me happy," Emily told me.

Through the corner of my eye, I saw Spencer walk back to our table. Emily got up.

"I see you guys are fraternizing," Spencer said and smiled and sat back down.

"We'll take two coffees," she said. "Do you need anything, Toby?"

"I thought you ordered a coffee for me already," I told her, confused.

"No, those two were for me," she said and I laughed.

"I'll get a decaf," I told Emily and she left back to the counter, getting our orders.