Chapter 293

Chapter 293: Spencer's POV

"You cocky jerk!" I yelled and raised my hand, but Toby was too fast for me.

"You know you're going to regret it, Spence. Come on, let's go back home," he said and let my hand out of his grip. 

We walked back home in silence and about five feet apart. Mr. Cavanaugh, full of smiles, was waiting for us at the door. 

"How was your walk?"

"Great," I lied. "I'm going to leave now. Thanks for everything."

"You can stay the night here!"

"No, I really can't. Hanna is expecting me."

"Please, we insist."

"You insist," Toby corrected and I frowned. 

"Goodbye," I said and Mr. Cavanaugh held the front door open for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How was it?" Hanna asked when I opened the door to her room and I shook my head. "Okay, we don't have to talk about it."

"I'm sorry, Han. Mr. Cavanaugh keeps trying to get us to reconcile, but Toby is just so stubborn and snobby."

"So he basically is you when you guys first started dating."

"Shut up," I began, but then realized she was right. "I just need to get him off my mind."

"Wear something slutty," Hanna commanded and I raised my eyebrows. "I'm taking you to a party."

"A party? Tonight? During the summer?"

"Yeah, I have crazy friends. It's in Philadelphia. Here, I'll help you get dressed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hanna, is this really a good idea?" I asked when we reached our destination. It was a huge house with, like, a million people inside and outside of it. 

"Look, I'll be with you the whole time. And besides, this isn't about you trying to hook up with some guy to get over Toby. You have plenty of guys in California for that. It's about you and me having fun together. Come on, Spence, you look hot as hell."

"More like a whore," I muttered and looked down. I was practically wearing just a bra and panties. I was pretty sure anyone could see my nips in my outfit.

"Shut up!"

"What about Caleb?" I asked.

"He's actually coming to the party too. And let me repeat that we are not here to hook up with random guys. We're here to mingle and that's why we're going to stick together the whole time. Don't take any drinks from anyone," Hanna ordered and I nodded.

We got out of Hanna's car and started walking around. There were way too many drunk college kids and I really didn't want to be here.

"Spencer, you'll be fine. Here, I'll introduce you to my friend Lily and you'll realize that everyone here is just fun and sweet."

"If we can even find her..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aren't you cold?" I heard a voice say and turned to my left. A dorky looking guy slid next to where Hanna and I were sitting and offered his hand. "Eric."

"Spencer," I said and shook it. "And I'm fine."

"Want a drink?" he asked and offered me his own. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't be all alone with her friend. Come on, I'll introduce you to some people and we can have a little fun. Maybe we can take off that little top you're wearing." 

"Fuck off," Hanna told him and flipped him off. He gave her a look and walked away.

"I hate this," I said and Hanna shook her head. "But thanks for being there for me."

"Always," she said and smiled. I missed her so much. All the girls. 

"If you don't mind, can I walk around for a while? I just need to be alone for a bit."

"If you're not back in five minutes, I'm calling the cops to report that you're missing," she said and I stood up. I was shivering and I made my way into the big house where people were practically having sex on the kitchen counter. Gross.

"Damn!" I heard a guy say as I walked by and I immediately pulled down my skirt and crossed my hands across my chest.

"Heyyyy," a short blonde said as he came in my way out of nowhere. "Do you want to go somewhere? Maybe upstairs?"

"Move or I'll kick your ass," I said and he muttered a word I've never said before. He moved closer to me and put his right hand around my hips. 

"Get off me!"

"Shhh, baby," he said and moved closer to me as he slid his hand down my skirt. 

"Holy shit!" I yelled and slapped him. Nobody in the room seemed to notice, probably because there was blaring music. I ran out of the house and back to where Hanna was sitting. "Can we leave?"

"Spencer, what happened?" she asked as Caleb appeared in front of me as well.

"I want to go home. Like now," I demanded and Caleb and Hanna exchanged looks. "Actually, can you just give me your keys? I'll drive back to your place and Caleb can drop you off."

"Spencer, I can come with you," Hanna offered, but I shook my head.

"I want to drive back alone," I said and Hanna gave me her car keys hesitantly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock. Knock.

Please answer the door.

Please.

Moments later, the door opened and Toby stared at me. Almost in disgust. 

"I need someone right now," I pleaded and expected him to shut the door in my face.

"Just come in," he said and pulled me in for a tight hug. His body was all over my bare skin.

"I feel like a slut."

"Just be my slut and everything will be okay," Toby replied and for the first time in forever, I smiled.