Chapter 142

Chapter 142: Toby's POV

"Toby!" Spencer's voice yells as I get into my car.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask as I get out of my car.

"We need to break up," she whispers.

"WHAT?" I yell. "Is this about Ali?

"No, and yes. Look, we just need to fake break up. She said she'll leave me alone if we break up," Spencer explained.

"That's stupid. Why would Ali care if we broke up?" I asked.

"I don't know, Toby. Maybe she still likes you, but all I know is that if she thinks we're broken up, she's out of my life. And hopefully, she'll be out of yours as well."

"Ugh, so what do I have to do?"

"Look sad," Spencer replied. "She's probably watching us from my window. And don't speak too loudly."

I glanced up, but Ali wasn't at the window.

"She's not there," I whispered and sure enough, Alison came walking from the front door towards us.

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something?" she asked in a mocking voice.

"This shit isn't ever going to work," I said loudly and Alison smiled.

"Look, Alison, you need to stop blackmailing us when we're the only ones that are actually helping you. Maybe if you started being nice for once, more people will help you," I said bluntly.

"And what interest do you even have in Toby?" Spencer asked. "You can get any guy in the world with your looks and flattering remarks. Why him?"

"Hey!" I yelled at Spencer, offended.

"You know what I mean, babe," Spence said and I nodded.

"Well, I thought we didn't take other's guys," Alison said. "That's part of our friendship contract, right?"

"Oh, please, that didn't stop you from slutting it up with everyone," Spencer replied.

"What's even holding you guys together?" Alison asked. "Your mom told me that you guys constantly fight and argue."

"Well, we're, we're getting married," Spencer said and showed Alison the ring.