Chapter 209

Chapter 209: Spencer's POV

I jolted up and looked to the left to see a TV. What? Where was I? What time was it? I reached for my phone behind me and saw that it was only 8 AM. Ughhhhh! I must have fallen asleep on the couch. As I tried to remember what happened last night, I decided not to wake poor Emily up and left her a note about my field trip.

I made my way over to the Cavanaugh casa and rang the bell. Almost immediately, Mr. Cavanaugh opened the door and smiled. 

"Spencer! So good to see you!"

"You too, Mr. Cavanaugh. I hope I didn't wake you up."

"Oh, no, no, I woke up at 6 to take a morning run before I head off to work," he said and invited me in. "So I'm guessing you're here for Toby. Are you guys back together now?"

I blushed a deep shade of red and smiled awkwardly. "We're friends, Mr. C, but I will always love your son."

"Well, you can go up to his room and wake up his sleeping ass," he replied and I wanted to laugh. I thanked Mr. Cavanaugh and made my way up to Toby's room. I pushed open the door softly and smiled to see a half naked Toby sleeping on his bed. I walked slowly towards him and sat on the side of the bed. I tried not to stare at his luscious, defined abs, and instead focused on his perfect face.

Oh, hell with it, I'm tired! I lay back gently on the bed as far away from him as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping, but realized what had happened. I had fallen asleep and Toby and I were both sleeping on our sides. My right hand was draping over his bare chest. We were spooning! Gross!

I pulled back slowly and got off Toby's bed to check my phone. It was a text from Emily making sure I was okay and texted her that I was.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Toby's voice and I looked at his abs, I meant his face.

"Woah, you're awake?"

"Yeah, your loud ass phone woke me up."

"Sorry about that. Your dad let me in, but I'll be leaving now," I said and made my way to the door.

"Wait!" he called and I smiled and turned around. "Why was your hand all over my body?"

"It ended up that way since I fell asleep on your bed," I said bluntly.

"Trying to relive our old motel memories?" he asked and smirked.

"Shut up!" I scoffed. "Wear a shirt. The whole shirtless act is not impressing me, you know."

"Bullshit, I know you're turned on," he said and I tried convincing myself that I wasn't.

"Well, I just wanted to thank you for last night. I'll go back to Emily's place now."

"Anytime, Spence," he said and smiled softly. This was the lovable Toby I know and loved, not the cocky one he was trying to be. "Hey, you can stay here if you want to relive more memories."

Damn it, I jinxed it. Toby was annoying me now.

"If you talk about reliving memories one more time," I threatened. "Whatever, I'll just go now."

"Just so you know, you kissed me last night," he said and smiled.

"Haha, very funny," I mocked.

"I'm not kidding," he said and I tried to remember this incident, but I just coulnd't recall anything about kissing.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Well, I leaned in to kiss you goodbye, you know, on your cheek, but then you turned your head and kissed me on the lips."

"Well, I must have been tilting my head in my sleep because I swear, I didn't kiss you on purpose and I don't remember anything from my sleep," I told him and walked closer to him.

"Oh," he said and I could hear the disappointment in his voice. 

"But maybe we could relive that moment?" I asked and he laughed.

"So you can talk about reliving memories, but I can't?"

"Double standards is how our relationship works," I teased.

"Well, we don't have much of a relationship now, do we?" he asked nervously.

"We very much do," I said and moved closer to him so that our feet were touching.

"Let me just put a shirt on first," Toby said.

"No!" I shouted a little too quickly and Toby smirked. "I mean, sure."

"Just come here, Spencer," he said and pulled me in for a long passionate kiss. I rested my hands on his body as he held my face in his hands.

Wait, maybe I do remember this, but just not from last night.

---

Sorry I didn't post last night. Wattpad crashed on me as I was writing and I lost most of this chapter. I kept trying to reload it, but it crashed and I just decided to try again later. It was late in the night so I just postponed it to this morning.