Chapter 246

Chapter 246: Toby's POV

"Spencer..." I whispered as I stroked her hair. She clinged on to me for minutes, hours, days, years, eternity...

"What are you doing here?" she asked happily when she finally let go.

"Well, it's Columbus Day weekend so the teacher said I could just take a couple more days off. And I wanted to visit you," I said and smiled.

"And you conveniently called at the same time I was walking here?"

"To be honest, I arrived here this morning and I've been waiting here for a few hours. I've been taking pictures for tourists."

"Wow, then I'll treat you to dinner and we can catch up," Spencer offered and held my hand.

"It's only 4. I usually don't eat until 8 or so," I admitted.

"Great! We have four hours for pictures!" she said enthusiastically and pulled out her phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So do you come here often?" I asked as the waiter showed us to our table. It was an Indian cuisine so it wasn't formal or quiet so less room for awkwardness.

"I've been here a couple times with my friends. The food is amazing. All vegetarian though."

"No problem," I commented and sat down.

"Would you like anything to drink?" the waiter asked as I pulled out Spencer's chair.

"Just water," she replied and the waiter left.

"Hi," I said and we both laughed.

"Hi, Toby. So what's the real reason you flew all the way here?"

"Well, I don't know," I remarked sarcastically. "This girl I kinda have a crush on didn't visit me for ten whole months so I decided to make a romantic gesture and see her myself. And the last time I came here, she wasn't here."

"Kinda have a crush on me?" Spencer asked and I blushed.

"Is that the only thing you heard?"

"Of course not!" she said. "I'm glad you came. How long are you staying? Where are you even staying?"

"The teacher I work with told me I have to be back by next Thursday latest and I'm staying in some shitty motel," I added, wanting to see Spencer's reaction to the m-word, but she didn't even twitch.

"That's great! I can show you the Golden Gate Bridge, maybe we can go to the beach. I mean, it's not too cold, but it's not too hot either," she said and I notice she was hiding her excitement. 

"Spencer, stop hiding how you feel. Excitement is cute on you."

"So tell me more about this girl who reminds you of me," Spencer replied, casually changing the topic.

"She's an eleven-year-old thinking about college. There's really nothing much to say."

"She's just planning her future. Ambitious. Determined. Nothing wrong with that."

"Or maybe crazy," I said and she frowned.

"I mean ambitious!"

"Oh, Toby," she said and giggled. "You're still the same."

"Did you expect me to be different?" I asked as the waiter arrived with our water.

"No, well, when I saw you a couple hours ago, you looked more mature if that makes sense."

"So am I immature?"

"No! You're you! You act your age and that's what I like about you!" Spencer quickly said.

"Maybe we should order," I said and finally looked down at my menu. "What do you recommend?"

"Try some chaat. Spicy chaat."

"Whatever you say, princess."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so full!" I exclaimed and gulped down my glass of water. "That was way too spicy!"

"But it was good, right?" she asked and handed me her glass of water.

"Amazing. Even though I'm super full, I think I'm ready for dessert."

"Um, I think we should have dessert back at my place," Spencer said and winked.

---

I'm trying to lead up to the intense moments so please be patient with me! :)

Sorry I didn't post in a while. Frankly, I've been sad these past few days. I like this guy in my school and yesterday, I finally told him that I liked him to his face. I mean, it takes a lot of courage to do that in my opinion, especially for me because I'm super shy. I don't tell many people my true feelings about them to their face. He's honestly the only guy I've ever really liked and I grew some balls and finally confessed my feelings. I wasn't really expecting him to say, "OMG! I love you!" Anyway, he rejected me straight up. Like so bluntly. Like hard. Really bad. So if I lash out in my fanfic, I'm sorry. I'm just hurt and I tend to convey my feelings through my writing. I just like him so much, which sucks because he doesn't give two shits about me. He's literally the only guy I've ever liked this much and the only guy I've ever told that I like him. And he said something along the lines of, "No, I'm not interested. We're too different and if we go out, I'm just going to hurt you and I have no intention of hurting you and I will regret it." It was just so blatant and I felt so sad and offended because he wasn't even giving me a chance. I just feel so pathetic and stupid. I mean, I poured my feelings out to him. I was honest. I told him everything and he just gave me that "it's not you; it's me" bullshit. I guess I just expected a little more. I have to see him everyday in school now and it's just so awkward because of everything I've told him that even when he waves "hi," I can barely say "hi" back. Well, I learned that life isn't a fairy tale or a movie and I should just move on even though I genuinely like this guy for who he is and he can say whatever shit he wants to me and somehow I can never hate him. 

Sorry for the rant.

You are all beautiful and deserve the best! 

Sincerely yours,
Vidya