Chapter 237

Chapter 237: Spencer's POV

"Stop," I pleaded, but I wanted Toby to continue. 

"Mmmm."

"Let's go upstairs," I suggested and Toby retracted.

"Look, I'm not going to just have sex with you anytime you want, which ends up screwing up our friendship. We're not going to be friends with benefits."

I stared at him, but I knew he was right. "So should I just leave because I think it's obvious we aren't going to continue watching this shitty movie."

"I mean, if you want, but I thought we could have some dinner."

"You cooked?" I asked, excited.

"Ayeeeeeee!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, my mom cooked. She wanted to try making some Chinese food for lunch," Toby admitted when he got out some noodles from the fridge. "And they're left overs. I'm sorry."

"You're adorable," I said and giggled, but Toby turned around.

"I'm what?"

"Adorable," I clarified.

"Ew, I'm an adult, Spence, not that long-haired guy you knew from Rosewood High."

"Toby, no matter how old you become, I'll always see you as that long-haired, awkward, smiling guy."

"I don't know if that's a good or bad thing," he said and scooped out some chow mein into two plates.

"It's good! That means I actually remember everything about you."

"Please, girl, you hated me. All your friends did except Emily. Actually, even she was ashamed of me."

"Shut up, Tobes," I replied and Toby handed me chopsticks. "So how do I do this?"

"Just hold them with your fingers and scoop. It's honestly not that hard."

I tried my hand at grabbing some noodles, but they kept slipping off my chopsticks.

"You are really one spoiled brat," Toby noted. "Never had to eat the hard way."

"Well, my parents could afford forks," I joked and he gave me a cold look so I felt bad. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Here, you're just not trying," Toby said and leaned in and held my chopsticks. He placed his hands lightly over my fingers as he clasped them together to clutch some chow mein. "There you go." He lifted his hand along with mine and stuffed the noodles in my mouth.

"Wow," I breathed, but I wasn't talking about the noodles.

"Good, right?"

"Yeah," I said. "Let me feed you."

"Excuse me?" Toby asked and my eyes widened. "I mean, I can help you with your chopsticks."

"I'm good, Spence," he replied and sat on top of the table. I was sitting on the chair and he just stared at me while I miserably failed at eating his mom's delicious noodles.

"Ugh, I'm such a hopeless failure," I said and Toby laughed. He leaned in towards me and I gave him my hand again so he could feed me once more. But this time he didn't lean in to grab my hand. He leaned in and...