Chapter 101

Chapter 101: Spencer's POV

"Come to my house. Now," I text Emily, Hanna, and Aria.

Within 15 minutes, all of them came to my house.

"What's going on?" Emily asked.

I wanted to tell them my suspicious about Toby, but I refrained.

"Is A only threatening me now? Like, he or she knows everything before I even know what I've done wrong!" I yelled.

"Woah, Spence, slow down and explain," Hanna said.

"Well," I began. "I was talking to Wren when he crashed and almost died and A knows that! Like, how is that even possible? It just happened and I don't think anyone could've stolen Wren's phone and checked his call history."

"Unless Wren's A," Aria pointed out.

"Yeah, Aria, he's busy texting me while he's barely holding on to his life in the hospital," I said. 

"Sorry, just a guess!" Aria defended herself.

"Well, I'm hungry," Hanna said. "Do you guys have ice cream?"

"Um, can you not think about food for one second?" I yelled, annoyed.

"Look, Spencer," Emily said. "Obviously you're not just pissed about A. There has to be something else."

"Everything okay with you and Toby?" Aria asked.

"Yeah," I lied. "We're fine. In fact, we're going to the Halloween Train party together. Just the two of us."

I noticed as Emily, Aria, and Hanna exchanged looks.

"What was that?" I asked. "Is there something you know that I don't?"

"No, nothing, Spence," Hanna said. "Have fun."

"Tell me what that look was about," I said seriously. "We don't keep secrets from each other! Now tell me!"

"Just don't tell Toby, please," Aria said. 

"What won't I tell him?" I asked.

"Toby's planning a surprise birthday party for you on the train and he invited all of us too," Hanna said. "You're not supposed to know that we're coming so just don't mention it."

"He's planning a surprise party for me on the train?" I asked.

"Yeah," Aria said. "That's actually really cute."

Then why did Toby tell me he was planning a surprise birthday for me at some fancy hotel?