Chapter 91

Chapter 91: Spencer's POV

"Hey Spence, I'm ok. Got into a taxi. Can't really talk much. Borrowed taxi driver's phone. Love yours, Toby," I read the text on my phone. It was from a blocked number.

I sighed a breath of relief. Good, he wasn't in the crash and he was safe. But why couldn't he have called me?

HOLY SHIT! BLOCKED NUMBER? Why hadn't I noticed that before? That could only mean one thing...

A had Toby! No wonder he didn't call me. A must have done something to him and pretended to be him and texted me from his or her phone!

"Sir!" I yell to a nearby doctor. "Do you know how to track phones or something?"

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Miss, we have a much more pressing issue to deal with now. A man almost died because he was talking on the phone."

"I know," I said. "But maybe you can use some phone tracking software to find out who he was talking to last?"

Shit, nice going, Spence. Now everyone's gonna know you almost killed Wren.

"Look, Doctor, I don't know what I'm saying. I'll just leave now."

I got into my car and drove away. I needed to find out where A had taken him. I needed more information and the most I could get was from his evil step sister.

I drove to the Cavanaugh house and knocked on the door. To my surprise, a tall man that I had never seen before opened the door.

"Mr. Cavanaugh," I presumed.

"Ah, you must be Mona! Come on in," he said enthusiastically.

"Mona? Oh no, I'm -" I began but then realized that pretending to be Mona could actually fetch me more information than I thought. "Ya, how did you know my name, Mr. Cavanaugh?"