Chapter 284

Chapter 284: Toby's POV

"Toby, you have another visitor."

"If it's Spencer Hastings, tell her to go away. If it's Melissa Hastings, tell her I'm sleeping," I said.

"It's actually a man," Nurse Jackson told me.

"Oh. I guess he can come in," I said, but did not know who could possibly be visiting me.

Nurse Jackson left the room and a young man entered. He was tall with glasses and brown hair.

"Hey, Toby," he said. "I'm afraid we don't know each other."

"Even if we did, I wouldn't be able to remember you. If you don't know me, why are you here?"

"I actually have someone here with me. I'm Brad by the way," he said and sat on the stool next to my bed.

"Toby."

"Yeah, I know. I'm so sorry about what happened. You're a strong kid."

"Thanks, but I wouldn't really call myself a kid."

"Anyway...Spencer!" Brad called out and I stared at him in confusion.

I looked at the door to see the bitch walk in.

"Get out!" I yelled, but she approached me slowly.

"Shhhh," Brad quietened me. "We just broke a lot of rules, including a lot of road laws, to get here. Spencer's my guest and we're just here to see you. You don't even have to talk to us."

I could argue with Spencer, but I couldn't argue with this Brad guy. He was older and bigger than me.

"Then I'll just lay here, pretending you guys aren't here," I told them and Spencer sighed.

"Let me ask the front desk for another chair," Spencer said.

"No, it's okay," he replied and pulled her towards him so that she sat right on his lap. She flinched awkwardly, surprised at his move, he wrapped his arms around her so that she couldn't move.

Woah there. I felt uncomfortable watching them together. I shouldn't really care though, right? I hated Spencer.

"Can one of you get me one of those magazines in the corner?" I asked so that Spencer would get up. She stood up, went to grab a magazine, handed it to me, and moments later, Brad pulled her back.

"How do you two know each other?" I finally asked. Screw magazines.

"We met at Great America, the amusement park," Spencer muttered and separated Brad's interlocked hands.

"Yeah," Brad said and smiled.

"I'm just going to go ask for another chair," Spencer declared and shoved Brad off her and walked out the door.

"She's a cutie," Brad said. "She told me all about you guys on the drive here."

"Oh, what did she say?" I asked.

"That she's the reason you're here and feels horrible and wishes she could switch places with you."

"No, oh my gosh, she shouldn't say all that," I said, feeling a little guilty about my behavior towards Spencer.

"So she told me you guys are really good friends," Brad said and I raised an eyebrow. "You got any tips for me?"

"Excuse me?"

"You must know what kind of things she likes and seen her go through her share of guys. Tell me what she's into so I can impress her."

Woah there.

"I don't know if you've been told, but I lost my memory."

"Sorry, man. I just thought you were gaining it back."

"Even if I did know any tips, I wouldn't tell you any."

"Why not?" Brad asked as Spencer walked back in the room, carrying a stool.

"Because Spencer's already my girl."