Chapter 109

Chapter 109: Spencer's POV

I got into my car, which I had parked in the driveway, ready to go home quickly.

I tried pulling out, but I checked the rear view mirror first.

"AHHH!" I screamed as I see Toby in the reflection. I pull my window down and yell, "Get out before I run over you!"

"I know you won't run over me, Spencer. Please, just get out of the car and we can talk."

"I told you, I'm done talking to you. I don't need your lies."

"Spencer, I only joined Mona so I could get more information and protect you! That's why I told you to get off the Halloween Train!" he tried to explain. 

I got out of the car because I knew he wasn't going to move. "Well, you took me on that dangerous train in the first place so you don't get any brownie points for that."

Toby looked ashamed and then bent down so he was sitting on his knees.

"Spencer Hastings, will you please forgive me? You're my everything and I will do anything to have you in my life again. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Yeah, and I thought you were the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I guess we're all wrong."

"Spencer, can't you just give me another chance?" Toby asked.

"Do you really not get it?" I yelled. "I trusted you! I opened up to you! All these times, it was just all a game to you."

"But I'm telling you the truth now!"

"And how could I really know that for sure? After all, you've been lying to me this whole time. Nobody can ever tell when a liar actually tells the truth. I just don't think I can ever trust you again," I told him. "Now just go inside please. I need to go home and cry myself to sleep."

"Look, what we had was real. I'm not lying here and if you don't believe me, then I guess you don't know anything about me."

"Yeah, and you should have known that I don't believe in second chances so I guess you don't know the first thing about me either," I told him.

"Spencer, I love you," he said one last time.

"And I loved you. Past tense," I told him firmly and got back into my car. He moved aside and I drove away, tears flowing down the steering wheel.