Chapter 294

Chapter 294: Toby's POV

"And then this fucker just wanted to sleep with me. Maybe he was drunk, but I'm so stupid for going to that party."

As Spencer told me everything that happened, I tried not to stare at how much of a homewrecker she looked like. 

"Spencer, hun, it's alright," I said. We were sitting on opposite couches and I couldn't stay mad at someone this vulnerable and fragile. "I'm going to go get you a shirt from my room."

I went upstairs to quickly grab one of my pajama shirts; I knew Spencer liked those. When I went back downstairs, Spencer was standing up, awaiting my return. I threw her the shirt and she stared at it for a while.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's fine. It just looks a little short."

"Here, take mine," I offered and removed my shirt and tossed it to her. She smiled and wore it.

"Are you going to give me the other shirt so I can wear it?" I asked.

"I mean, if you want it, you can come here and get it."

"This is why you annoy me," I teased and I could tell Spencer was staring at my abs.

She tossed me the shirt and I wore it. "Anyway, I'm sorry I came here this late. I should be heading out now back to Hanna's."

"I thought she's still at the party."

"Yeah, but her mom will be awake."

"Spencer, I'm not letting you drive home this late. Nor am I offering you a place to stay here. Let me just drive you to Hanna's so I know you're safe."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride was way too silent and I could tell Spencer was falling asleep.

"Spence, we're here," I said and shook her as I parked my car outside Hanna's house.

"Oh crap! The lights are off."

"Maybe you can try ringing the doorbell."

"I'll just wait on the porch for Hanna to come back. I can't wake Mrs. Marin up. It's not fair."

"I'm not letting you wait on the porch at this hour in this crazy town," I said and sighed. "Sleep at my place."

"Fine."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look, I'm sorry I was such an asshole to you. I guess I just wanted you to be happy and I thought that would be possible if I wasn't in your life."

"My life would be the saddest thing without you in it," Spencer said as she got into the guest bed.

"Well, good night," I told her and turned the light off as I left the room.

"Night."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep. With Spencer back in my life, I had so much to think about. No, wait. It was the house phone ringing constantly that kept me awake. I finally got off my ass to answer this bitch.

"Hello," I said in my most annoyed voice.

"Toby, please tell me Spencer's with you!" Hanna said in a worried tone.

"Oh, hey Han. Yeah, she's sleeping at my place. Don't worry. I'll drop her off in the morning."

"Thank God! I feel horrible. I'm such a pig."

"Hanna, Spencer's safe so don't worry. Just get home safely please."

"Okay. Goodnight, Toby."

"Night."

I put down the phone and decided to check on Spencer one more time before I called it a night. I opened the guest room door slowly and turned the light on.

"AHHHHH!" I yelled. Spencer Hastings was nowhere to be found.