Chapter 273

Chapter 273: Spencer's POV

"Morning!" Toby greeted me when I walked into the kitchen. He put down his bowl of cereal to give me a kiss.

"You're up early."

"That's because I've got to go back to the hotel and pack. And you've got your lunch date with the girls."

"You're leaving already?" I asked.

"My flight's tonight, but I'll be back here as soon as I can."

"I'm going to miss you so much," I said and Toby hugged me.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll be back by August. I promise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toby lied.

He fucking lied.

It was the middle of August and school would be starting soon. I hadn't heard anything from Toby in a while and I finally grew a pair and called him myself.

"Hey, baby!" I said when he picked up the phone. "I missed you."

"Spencer, how are you?" Toby asked.

"I'm great, babe. How about you?"

"I'm great now that I'm talking to you."

"As usual, I'm blushing. I just wanted to check how you're doing with the whole moving situation."

"Well, I quit my job if that's what you're wondering."

"I'm sorry," I replied.

"I thought that's what you wanted though. I mean, that's what we wanted."

 "Yeah, that's what I was calling you about. When are you coming here?"

"Spencer, I haven't even started packing my stuff. And I have no idea where I'm going to stay."

"You can stay at my place, Tobes."

"But you're going to be in Stanford."

"Maybe you can stay in my dorm?"

"No, I need to get a place of my own there," Toby told me. "Somewhere close to your college so I can take you on dates every night."

I smiled and Toby chuckled. "I would love that. I want you here right away."

"I know."

"So when are you coming?" I asked. I was tired of waiting.

"Why don't you open your front door, Spence?" Toby asked and I heard the door bell. I excitedly rushed downstairs and opened the door. My prince had finally arrived.

"You kept your promise!" I said as Toby lifted me up in a hug.

"Why do you sound surprised?" he asked and I blushed.

We were together. We could finally be together. In the same state. The same city. Just together. Spencer and Toby. Toby and Spencer. For the rest of our lives...