Chapter 63

Chapter 63: Spencer's POV

Alex moved his seat closer to me and consequently, I moved closer to Toby.

"So, Toby," Alex started, "Do you attend Rosewood?"

"No, I, I left for some other stuff."

"Like juvie?" he asked quite rudely.

"I think it's time for you to go, Alex," I butted in as Toby looked down at the table.

Alex stood up and started to leave. He turned back as he walked through the door and said, "Call me anytime, Spence. If things don't work out between you two."

"Douche," I muttered under my breath. "I can't believe I ever even thought of..."

"Thought of what?" Toby asked me suddenly. I didn't even think he was paying attention.

"Oh, you know, the usual. I can't believe I ever dated him," I lied, shaking it off with a laugh.

"Spencer, it's pretty obvious you wanted to sleep with him. I saw the way you were staring at his body even now. I can't believe my abs don't satisfy you enough," Toby told me.

I didn't know if he was joking or not so I just let out a small chuckle.

"Well, he's history and I want to be in the present right now, which is why I had an idea. You and me, tonight, my house. We'll have the whole place to ourselves. I was thinking we can have a Words with Friends marathon," I told him excitedly.

"So when you're alone with a boy for the whole night, you want to play Words with Friends?" Toby asked me. "Okay, Spence, you can play that game all you want, but just tell me whenever if you want to play something else."

Now I really didn't know if he was joking or not.