Chapter 183

Chapter 183: Spencer's POV

Toby looked like he was going to cry so I held his hand again, but this time he let go.

"Don't," he ordered.

"It's for the best," I said. "We can barely work out when we're in the same city; being on opposite sides of the country is going to be crazy."

Toby just stared at me without saying anything. Ugh, what was going on in his head?

"I'm moving on with my life and maybe you should too," I continued. "We're going our separate ways, we're going to meet new people..."

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"We're going our separate ways," I said nervously.

"You said we're going to meet new people? I can't believe you don't even want to try to make this work," Toby said. Oh boy, I really hurt him now.

"Tobes, you know I love you so freaking much. I just don't want a long distance relationship. If only you could just come to California with me," I said and laughed.

"That's it!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hell no!" Toby's dad said. "Why would you think I would let you fly across the country and stay there permanently?"

I knew this would never work, but Toby insisted on trying. 

"Fine," he said and led me out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"I had to try, right?"

"Thanks," I said and kissed him on the cheek. "I should be going home now."

"Spencer, I have like two days with you. Can't we spend it together?"

"Toby," I said, trying to knock some sense into this guy. "Whatever you and me have has to end and I can't keep falling back in love with you. More importantly, I need to pack!"

Toby stared at me and frowned. "I'll drop you home."

"That's all I wanted to hear."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're going to be busy the next few days," Toby said and I nodded. We were sitting in his truck. Gosh, so many good memories in here.

"Yeah, I'm going to school tomorrow to pick up some stuff and say goodbye. That's all."

"Have you told the girls yet?" Toby asked me.

"I'm going to tomorrow," I replied and Toby nodded.

"It's going to be quite a shock for everyone."

"Yeah, but they'll be happy that I'm making the right decision."

"Are you sure you are?" he asked and I glared at him.

"I don't have a choice, okay?"

"Well, if you did, what would you choose?"

"I don't have a choice so I don't have to anwer you," I yelled and opened the door. "Can you stop asking me all these stupid questions?"

"Wow, I'm just trying to understand," he said.

"There's nothing to understand."

Toby stared at me and I could tell he was broken. "So is this our last goodbye?"

"Yeah," I replied. I was so mad at his selfishness that I just left his truck and stormed inside.

Why did our last goodbye have to be me yelling at him?