Chapter 202

Chapter 202: Toby's POV

In stood of me stood a really tall, even taller than me, big built, football player type person...giant...creature.

Run, Toby, run.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said in a voice that did not match his intimidating look. "You looked like my boyfriend."

"It's ok," I said and he turned around. "Hey, hey, hey! Your boyfriend looks like me?"

"Just from the back," he said.

So his boyfriend must be Toby 2.0, that guy Spencer said was checking her out. Wow, how pathetic of her to use a gay guy to make me jealous.

"Hey!" I called out and the boy turned around again. "Do you know a Spencer Hastings?"

He looked up and put his hands on his hips. "She sounds familiar. I think Kenny's mentioned that he was supposed to be his beard to this dance."

I wanted to laugh because I felt so triumphant over Spencer, but she wasn't even here for me to rub it in. 

"Where's this Kenny guy?" I asked.

"I don't know. I've tried calling and texting him, but I guess he's too busy with the dance to check his phone. I need to look for him in person."

"I'll help you. He looks like me, right?"

"From the back," the boy said. "Do you even go to this school?"

"Um, I just transferred in," I said. "I'm Toby by the way."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kyle," he said and smiled at me as he led me to the crowd. "You're pretty cute, you know."

"I'm straight," I said and he laughed.

"I'm just expressing my opinion, Toby," Kyle replied. This was getting too awkward.

"Is he one of them?" I asked, seeing a bunch of boys standing next to the DJ.

"Yeah!" Kyle said and we walked over to them. Kyle walked up to one of the boys and pulled him towards me. They hugged and then turned towards me.

"Hey, I'm Kenny," the boy said and shook my hand.

I wanted to ask Kenny to turn around so I could see what the back of my head looked like, but I knew that was stupid. 

"Nice to meet you," I said. "Hey, do you know a Spencer Hastings?"

"Yeah, she was supposed to be my fake date," he replied.

"So where is she?"

"Um, she flew back to her home town this morning. Said something about visiting her friends," Kenny said.

"You're joking, right?" I gasped. This could NOT be true. Mona and I did not fly all the way here to find out that Spencer flew to Rosewood at the same time.

"No," he said and frowned. "She went this morning. Not to be rude, but do you even go to this school?"

"He just transferred in," Kyle said. "His name is Toby."

"You're Spencer's ex?" Kenny asked and started laughing.

Who was this stupid fucker and how did he know about Spencer and me?