Chapter 178

Chapter 178: Toby's POV

Wow, Spencer Cavanaugh did have a nice ring to it. But then I remembered, she had sibling-zoned me.

"Hey, I'm To, Thomas," I corrected myself and Lance and Spencer nodded.

"I hope you don't mind us joining you," Lance said. "My treat."

"No problem!"

"So what shall we order?" he asked and looked at the menu. "Old school pepperoni?"

"Spencer's allergic to pepperoni," I said, but then she kicked me from under the table. "Ow! I mean, I was just assuming that from the look on her face when you said the word pepperoni." Shit, shut up, Toby.

Lance looked confused and turned to Spencer.

"Can we just order a veggie pizza?" Spencer asked and Lance and I both nodded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how do you guys know each other?" I asked when our pizza finally came. Before that, Lance had been telling us about his boring ass summer vacation. Like we gave two shits about him.

"We met at my shop," he said.

"Oh, what's it called?"

"My dad owns Wright Construction. Heard of it?"

Hell ya, I've heard of it.

"No," I lied and Lance frowned.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom really fast before I eat," Spencer said and Lance got up so she could slide out.

"Wow, she's something, huh?" I admired as she hurried off.

"Yeah, I guess."

"I guess?" I asked, feeling a little offended.

"Yeah, she's hot and all, but trust me, I've been with much hotter girls. She's got nothing too attractive."

THAT ASSHOLE! I wanted to punch Lance right in the face, but I kept my cool.

"So why are you going with her?"

"Come on, she's totally interested in me," Lance said in a cocky voice. "After dinner, I'll take her back to my place, say the same bullshit lines I say to every girl about how she's my first time, and then fuck her senseless."

"You're joking!" I said, really trying to control my anger now.

"Nah, I've done it before and then I'll just end it by saying that she's too out of my league and I don't deserve someone as great as her. It really gets the girls going," he said.

"Well, you don't deserve anyone," I said and Lance raised an eyebrow so I changed the topic. "Why did you agree to go on a date with her in the first place?"

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to get her brother's job back in my company, but of course, I don't give a shit about that. After I bang her, I'll just tell her I'll do what I can and then I'll blame it on my father and how he didn't have space for her brother. It's really simple," Lance said confidently.

Wow, I hated this guy more than anyone. Even more than Wren.

"She's coming back," I said as I saw Spencer walk back.

"Sorry, the line was huge," she apologized and then slid back in the booth. But this time, next to me.