Chapter 241

Chapter 241: Spencer's POV

I waited for Melissa to call me and at last, I received a text from her that read: "I told Toby. Come here. Now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cavanaugh front door was already open and I rushed into the living room. I gasped to see Melissa sitting on the couch and Toby lying on the floor, his arms span out.

"Toby!" I cried and ran to his body.

"He's breathing. Relax. Stress isn't good for the, you know, the child."

"What happened?" I asked. "Why did you call me here?"

"Well, I told your boyfriend about the baby and he passed out. I just wanted you to be here so I can leave," Melissa said and headed for the door.

"Stay!" I begged. "Please! I already feel like crap. Stay for me."

"I really have work to do, but I'll stay for my future niece or nephew," Melissa said and walked back to the couch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's waking up!" Melissa finally pointed out. It had been twenty minutes and Toby was shaking. His eyes suddenly popped open.

"Spencer?" he asked and I bent down.

"Babe, you just passed out. Here, get up," I replied and propped him up so that he was leaning against the couch.

"Damn, was I in a dream? Like, I had this crazy dream where Melissa told me you were pregnant," Toby said and laughed.

"Really funny," Melissa said and Toby looked at her in shock. "I'll go get you some water." She headed for the kitchen, leaving my baby daddy and me alone.

"What the hell, Spence? Why didn't you tell me?" Toby shouted.

"I just realized this morning and took a test in the afternoon!" I replied. "And I'm shit scared so can you not yell at me?"

"Sorry, babe," he said and touched my stomach. "You're not going to actually keep it, are you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're 19, Spence! Is this actually going to work out? And what about our parents?"

"I'm going to remain pregnant if that's what you're asking. Honestly, I'm an adult. I couldn't give a shit what my parents think and besides, I'm not expecting you to be involved."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Toby asked. "You think I'm irresponsible or something?"

"No!" I protested. "It's just that I'm going to be in California and you're going to be here. I don't expect you to do much."

"Well, I am!" Toby said. "I'm going to be the best father in the world! I love this baby and I love you, Spence!"

"That means so much. You have no idea," I said as a tear ran down my face.

"But I thought we used a condom."

"They're not 100% effective," I said and Melissa came back into the room, holding a glass of water and some crackers.

"Drink up," she said and offered Toby the water, but he handed it to me instead.

"So I guess we're ready to have this baby," I said and drank a sip.

"But I think we should get married first," Toby replied and I spit out the water all over his face.