Chapter 290

Chapter 290: Toby's POV

"Are you going to get that?" Dad yelled from upstairs when the bell rang.

"Sure," I screamed back and walked to the front door and opened it.

"Thanks!"

"Shit..." I muttered when I saw who the surprise guest was.

I stared at her in surprise, but didn't let her in. Instead, I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. She carried a suitcase and a purse.

"Why are you here in Rosewood?"

"School just ended and since you blocked me completely and cut off all connections with me, I knew the only way I could talk to you was in person."

"Spencer," I began, but I didn't want to continue. "I think it would be best if you would just leave."

"Eight months! EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS! How can you ignore me for that long? I've been texting you, calling you, messaging you on every social media, EVERYTHING!"

"I blocked you on everything," I admitted. "It was for the best. Please leave."

"I deserve an explanation."

"You don't need me. Are you happy now?"

"I'm not leaving, Toby," Spencer said sternly and I took a few minutes to examine her. Her beautiful brown hair was in a bun and she was clad in a sweatshirt and jeans. She wasn't a girl anymore...she had become a woman.

"Well, I'm going back inside," I said and opened the door.

"You look good by the way," Spencer mumbled. "Your legs and hands and everything."

"Thanks. I've been recovering in these months."

"You never even said goodbye after you broke up with me," she said firmly and I turned around to face the door.

"The breakup was the goodbye."

"Can I come in?" Spencer asked and I shook my head.

"Spencer, you need to understand it's been months and I've been moving on. Not that I've really been dating other girls, but I've been recovering and just trying to get a job."

"I have nowhere to go," she admitted and looked down.

"Your friends?"

"They're all in other states."

"Sucks," I said and she stared at me. Ugh, she was killing me. "You came all the way here just to talk to me?"

"I love you, Toby. That's what people do when they love each other."

"Fine, stay in the guest room. Just don't expect me to talk to you."

—————————————————————————————————————————

"So I walk past the guest room and I see Spencer Hastings sleeping there," Dad said at dinner. "Care to explain?"

"She came all the way to Rosewood to talk to me and obviously, she has nowhere to go."

"Are you guys dating?"

"No!" I said. "Can you just not question it? She's probably just going to stay in her room all day. No need to even talk to her."

"Now that's just rude," Dad pointed out. "I want you to wake her up after dinner to ask her if she wants to eat."

"Isn't waking her up rude?"

"Toby..."

"Fine."

—————————————————————————————————————————

I was about to knock on Spencer's door, but I didn't need to. It was slightly ajar and as I peeked in, I looked away. She was changing with her back facing towards me, yet I didn't want to look away. I turned my head slightly so that I could see Spencer's long hair and her beautiful body in panties. As much as I tried, I couldn't look away, so I just shut her door instead.

"Toby?" I heard Spencer's voice say and the door immediately opened. She was naked except for her panties. Shit. "Were you spying on me?"

"No! I wanted to ask you if you wanted dinner, but I assumed you were changing so I just shut your door for privacy. Gosh, I'm not a pervert!"

"I'm sorry," Spencer replied and I tried to focus on her face. "Can you help me change? I can eat after that."

"Sure?"

I stepped in and she closed the door behind me. She threw me a bra as I stared at her back. She pulled her hair out of my way as I stood there holding the lingerie.

"Hook it," Spencer instructed and I took the bra and leaned in so I could put it around her boobs. I tried not to touch them, but it was impossible not to scrape them. Eventually, I succeeded in hooking the bra and she giggled.

"Why don't I just go downstairs and warm up your food?" I offered. I knew what she was doing. She was trying to seduce me, but I wasn't going to fall for this. Be strong! 

"Yeah, I'll be down in a few."

"Or I can stay here," I said and Spencer ran to me as we started intensely making out.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Toby, get the door!" I heard a voice say and I bolted from the couch. What did I just dream of?

"Thanks for waking me up, Dad!" I yelled back, annoyed.

I didn't know why, but I was somewhat disappointed. I could still feel Spencer's lips on mine, but then I remembered that it was all a dream.

I walked to the front door and opened it slowly to see who was our guest.

Was I still dreaming?