Chapter 126

Chapter 126: Toby's POV

"ALISON?" Spencer screamed.

"Yeah," I said, not looking at her eyes.

"You, you liked her?" she asked me.

"Yes, Spencer. Is that wrong or illegal?" I asked, now getting irritated by Spencer.

"Every guy liked her even though she was such a bitch so yeah, I thought you would be different."

"She wasn't even a bitch to me," I stated. "You just saw her like that because she was your competitor.

"She tried to kill you, you know and what is that even supposed to mean?"

"Those fireworks were always intended for Jenna, not me. And yeah, I saw how you immediately stepped to the leader position after she disappeared. You love being in charge, don't you, Spencer?" I asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Whatever, Spence, that's all old news. You asked and I told you. Just forget it."

"Do you still have feelings for her?" she asked.

"No way!" I protested. "This was years ago, Spencer!"

"So did you guys, like kiss, or something?" she asked me.

"I said no already. Nothing happened. Just forget I told you. It was just a stupid crush."

"And Alison liked you back?"

"I thought she did. Who knows?" I asked.

"Well, that skank was hooking up with five guys at once," Spencer said. "She was just trying to use you too."

"What?" I asked, hurt by what she says. "You don't think anyone besides you can actually like me?"

"Toby, that's not what I meant! Even you said you don't appeal to ladies."

"Ugh, Spencer. Can we just move on before we fight? AGAIN?"

"No, this is serious, Toby! You said you think I'm just like Alison!"

"When did I ever say that?" I asked.

"You said she was my competitor!"

"Well, yeah, after she disappeared, I thought you were the new Alison. You controlled everyone just like how she did."

"So that's why you were into me, right?" she said and I could see the sadness on her face.

"No, Spencer. I like you for you and as I got to know you more, I liked you even more. Especially because you're nothing like Alison," I told her.

"I was just second choice to you! Like always! Second choice to all the guys Melissa has dated, second favorite child to even my own parents, and worst of all, second choice to you."