Chapter 84

Chapter 84: Toby's POV

"Drive, Toby, drive away!" Spencer told me super enthusiastically as we got in my car.

I turned on my engine, waited for a few seconds, and then turned it off.

"Babe!" she yelled. "Go, drive!"

"Are you high, Spencer?" I asked her. "What was that all about? That wasn't you in your house. You're not one to run away from trouble; you're stronger than that. You face it and then stick up for yourself and the people you love."

"Okay then, Shakespeare," she said.

"Spencer, calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do. You don't know everything about me."

I was getting pissed. "Oh, please, Spence, I know you better than you know yourself. Now, go back in your house because I'm not driving anywhere."

She groaned, but gave in. She got out of my car and walked back inside her house. I followed her. Mr. Hastings was helping Wren climb down the stairs.

"Toby," he said. "I need you to take Dr. Kingston here to the hospital. He's badly hurt because of Spencer here. I would do it myself, but I need to take care of my daughter."

Shit, I didn't want to be alone in a car with that asshole. I needed to do this though to get on the Hastings' good books. 

"Isn't he a doctor? Can't he just go to his office himself and fix his face?" Spencer asked bluntly.

"Spencer!" Mr. Hastings repromanded. "You're the reason for this and please don't cause Wren any more trouble. Now, Toby, please help him into your car."

"Will do, sir," I said with the fakest smile I could put on my face.

"I'll go with them," Spencer said.

"Not you, Spencer. We need to have a talk," Mr. Hastings told her.

We both groaned at the same time while Wren walked out of the door. 

"Shall we go then, Koby?" he asked me.

"Toby!" I told him and we got into my car. This was going to be the worst ride ever.