Chapter 196

Chapter 196: Toby's POV

"Just give me your laptop," Mona said and I handed it over to her. We were in my room because it was the only place in my house where I had privacy. It felt awkward having a girl like Mona alone in my room, but I knew this was strictly for business purposes.

"So what do we have so far?" she asked me as she browsed through Spencer's Facebook profile.

"Well, you said Spencer lives in Pismo Beach. But we don't know where exaclty."

"I can't pinpoint her exact location," Mona replied impatiently. "If we narrow down areas in Pismo with good high schools, we can find where the Hastings stay."

"That'll take forever!"

"That's it, I'm calling her," Mona said and picked up my phone.

"You can't!" I said and snatched it back.

"Fine, I'm calling Mrs. Hastings, but you're talking."

I groaned as Mona dialed Spencer's mom's number on my phone, perfect from her vast and creepy brain. She put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" I heard Mrs. Hastings' voice. "Who is this?"

"Um, this is Toby," I replied.

"Is there a problem? I'm kind of busy right now."

"Wait!" I shouted immediately. "I just wanted to know how you guys were doing."

"And you couldn't call my daughter?"

Mona rolled her eyes and snatched the phone from me. 

"Mrs. Hastings, this is Mona," she said in the fakest sweet voice I have ever heard.

"Mona!" Mrs. Hastings replied fondly as though her long lost sister had called.

"We just wanted to know how our favorite Spencer was doing, but she wasn't picking up the phone."

"Oh," Mrs. Hastings replied. "Maybe she's busy with something at school."

"Oh, school keeping her up?" Mona questioned more. "Tough school?"

"Well, Lincoln High has always been known to push their students. I just hope Spencer can keep up with it," Mrs. Hastings sighed and Mona smiled her victory grin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did you do that so easily?" I asked Mona, impressed by the way she talked to Mrs. Hastings.

"Experience," she said as she stared at my laptop. We were on the Lincoln High School website and we were still sitting alone in my room.

"So what's the thing I have to do about Alison?" I asked finally.

"One task at a time," she replied, not looking at me. "Okay, all I see is that there's a school dance coming up."

"Perfect!" I screamed. "I'm great at winning Spencer back at school dances."

"That sounds hella stupid."

"Then why did you tell me about the dance?" I asked and Mona smirked.

"Well, we need to buy us some tickets to California first."

"WE? US?" I asked in surprise.

---

I'm back from vacation. Sorry, I couldn't post the last 3 days. Thanks for being patient! Ily all <3