Chapter 263

Chapter 263: Spencer's POV

Knock. Knock. 

Ugh, who could it be now?

I walked to the door and opened it. To my disappointment, it was Mark.

"Hey," he said and walked in. "I could have opened your door, but I thought it was more polite to knock."

"What's up?" I asked in a mellow tone.

"I talked to Toby. He told me a lot and I think you and I need to talk."

"About what?" I asked and sat on my bed.

"You still love Toby?" Mark asked and sat on the couch in the room. 

"No."

"I know you do."

"I may have some feelings for him, but it's honestly not a big deal."

"Is that why you never told me about him? Did you think I would get jealous?"

"Maybe," I admitted.

"So you gave him your key so that he would come up here?"

"I just wanted to talk to Toby. I felt really bad that I didn't tell anyone about him."

"Which is why you slip it in his pocket and wait for him at 2 AM."

I didn't even know what to say. There was nothing that I could say to make this situation any better.

"I feel so used," Mark cried and put his hands in his face. "No way would someone as sexy as you fall for someone as young and naive as me."

"Baby, no!" I said and went to sit on the couch. I tried removing his hands from his forehead, but he pushed me away. 

He finally stood up and looked away from me. "I'm just going to leave, Spence. I had a lot of fun at your party and you should probably sleep now. You don't want to miss continental breakfast at 9."

"Do you want to stay?" I offered, but Mark still didn't turn around.

"Night."

"I love you," I muttered and Mark remained still.

"I know you don't," he said and left my room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations!" I heard voices say when I entered the lobby. Most of my guests were sitting on the tables, eating bagels and cereal.

"Thanks!" I said and went to make myself some coffee.

"Need help?" someone asked me and I turned to my left. 

"Yeah, sure. Thanks," I said and handed him my cup.

"It'll be five minutes," he informed me and turned to face me.

"No problem. Oh, yeah, I don't know what you said to Mark, but I gues I owe you an apology. What I did last night was stupid and I practically lost Mark."

"That doesn't mean I'm going to take you in my arms, Spence," Toby said. "I'm tired of whatever game you're playing."

"I was just saying thank you," I repeated. "I'm going to fix things with Mark. He deserves the truth."

"I'm pretty sure he already knows the truth," Toby told me as he played with my cup. "So apparently you're saving yourself until marriage?"

"I just didn't want to sleep with him so soon."

"You're lying way too much, Spence. Either be with him or don't if you feel like he can't handle the truth. I've learned that the hard way and he's too nice to fall into your devious trap."

"Great," I said in anger. "You're mad at me, too?"

"No," he said and poured me coffee. "I'm just giving you a reality check."

"Well, thanks for that," I muttered sarcastically and grabbed some cereal for me.

"Shit, all the tables are taken," Toby said and I scanned the lobby. Sure enough, it was packed.

"Let's go eat up in my room," I said and Toby gave me a stare.

"Nah, let's eat in mine. Less chance that someone might walk in."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn, this is much smaller than mine!" I noted when we entered Toby's room.

"I'm sorry I'm not as rich as you," he said and I felt guilty.

"That's not what I meant."

"Relax," he said and laughed. He flattened out his bed sheets and gestured for me to sit on the bed. "Like, literally relax. You barely got any sleep."

I gulped my cereal down as Toby just stared at me in awe.

"Damn, girl."

"Sorry, I'm just so hungry and tired."

"Then sleep," he advised. "I'll wake you up when you want me to."

"Don't even wake me up," I told him and laid back on the bed. 

"Good night, Spencer," Toby told me and pulled a blanket over my body. 

"More like morning," I said and Toby backed away from me. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to save you some trouble and break up with your boyfriend for you."