Chapter 248

Chapter 248: Toby's POV

I gently removed Spencer's shirt, revealing only her bra. She immediately got out of my bed, grabbed my shirt, and threw it on.

"Good night," she said and turned off the light so I couldn't see her remove her bra.

"Night, beautiful."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So where are we going and why did you only want me to wear shorts and a t-shirt?" I asked Spencer after twenty minutes of driving.

"You'll see," she replied.

"Just tell me."

"We're going to Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It's twenty minutes away from my house and I thought I would visit my parents and then we could hit the beach."

"Is it crowded?" I asked.

"Not at this time. Plus, it's Columbus Day weekend. People will be visiting their relatives."

"If you say so."

"Why? You don't want to be seen with me?" Spencer asked me.

"I don't want other guys trying to hit on you," I said and she just laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, it's really peaceful here," I commented. "California weather is amazing."

Spencer and I sat on a towel on the sand and stared at the mellow ocean. She was wearing a tank top and shorts while I wore just shorts. We had just visited Spencer's parents for a brief time and picked up some towels and sunscreen from her house.

"Yeah," Spencer agreed. 

"Beautiful," I commented and looked into her brown eyes. "And the view isn't bad either."

"Well, the sun's setting," she said and lifted my hand to point it out.

"Spencer Hastings," I finally said and she turned towards me.

"What?"

"Do you want to go steady with me?" I asked and Spencer erupted into laughter.

---

Short, because I need Spencer's POV!