Chapter 111

Chapter 111: Spencer's POV

"Where were you?" Melissa asked as I entered the house.

"Long story," I said.

"Wait, why are you crying? Everything okay with you and Toby?" she asked me. She genuinely sounded worried.

"Let's just say that I shouldn't have trusted him. It was all a mistake," I told her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

"No, you won't understand," I told her.

"Yeah, because I don't know what's it like to realize I shouldn't have trusted a guy," she said sarcastically. "Who kissed my boyfriend Ian? Who kissed Wren? What you're feeling now, this sense of betrayal, is exactly what I felt when you took them both away from me."

I suddenly realized how big of a skank I was and wiped a tear off my face.

"So you're saying all this is karma?" I asked. "Karma for being such a bitch?"

"Well, Spencer, what goes around definitely comes back around," Melissa said.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I really am so sorry."

"There's nothing you can do to fix it now," she told me. "You should go to your room. Emily's looking for you."

"Did you call her?" I asked.

"No, she came on her own. She's a good friend," Melissa said and left for the kitchen.

I walked upstairs to my room, still crying, and saw Emily sitting on my bed.

"Emily, whatever it is, can we just talk about it tomorrow?" I said.

"Spencer, we can't. And are you crying?" she asked me. "What, what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Please," I said as I changed into my sleeping shirt aka Toby's shirt he let me sleep in exactly a year ago.

"Look, I know Toby and you broke up. That's why I'm here. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I'm obviously not!" I screamed. "How do you even know about us?"

"Toby told me," she said and looked down.

"Oh, did he tweet how proud he is of he breaking my heart?" I asked.

"Spencer, I don't know what happened between you two, but I know 100% that Toby still loves you. So whatever he did, just go talk to him and work it out."

"Emily, you don't know what happened and I could never tell you so please, please just leave me alone. I've had a very long night and I just want to sleep," I told her.

"Fine, I'll just leave. I'm sorry," she said and started to leave my room when her phone beeped. She checked it and turned around and looked at me.

"What?" I asked in a pissed tone.

"I just got a text from A that says: Keep your enemies close. Keep your friends closer."

"That makes no sense, Emily," I said and motioned the door to her.

"Well, A's trying to hint to me to keep an eye on you so I'm not going to leave, Spencer," she said. "I'm sleeping over tonight to make sure you're okay."

"Ugh," I groan. "Fine, just get a sleeping bag from Melissa's room and you can sleep here. I'm going to bed now. I'm sorry, Emily. It's just been such a horrible day. You don't understand."

"Yeah, like I don't know anything about horrible days. Let me just ask my ex-girlfriend Maya. Oh wait, she was murdered. At least your Toby is alive, Spencer. You can always have him back, but I can never get Maya back."