Chapter 255

Chapter 255: Spencer's POV

"So what are you and Toby planning to do today?" Dad asked and handed me a bowl of strawberries.

"Going to the beach. The weather's perfect."

"So that means everyone's going to the beach today. Saturday, great weather, great time, it's going to be packed, Spencer. No where to park. Traffic is going to be horrible. Why don't you go another day?"

"I really wanted to take him though," I said, but understood Dad's argument.

"I just don't think it's a great idea, Spence. Now why don't you go upstairs and check on Toby? He's been in the shower way too long."

"And I have to break the bad news to him," I replied, put down the bowl of strawberries, and headed upstairs. Toby wasn't in his room so I checked the bathroom. The door was locked and sure enough, I heard the water.

"Toby?" I asked and knocked on the door. "Are you okay?"

A minute later, Toby opened the door, wearing only a towel around his waist. His hair was wet and his body looked delicious. Abs, abs, abs!

"What's up?" he asked and stood under the door frame.

"I just wanted to check on you."

"So that guy who came over for the last two weekends. You guys fooled around?" Toby asked bluntly and my jaw dropped.

"Excuse me?"

"Look what I found," he said, reached into the trash can, and handed me a strip.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed in shock. "I mean, it's negative, but, no! No, I didn't do anything with him! He's gay!"

"Kenny?" Toby asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know Kenny?"

"Long story," he replied and then I remembered Toby's trip to California during senior year. "So it's not yours?"

"Toby, the last time I had sex was with you," I admitted and he did that stupid victorious smirk of his.

"So is it your mom's?" he asked and I swear I swallowed my own vomit.

"Hell no! And Kenny definitely didn't have a girl here last week."

"Do you think it's some set up by A to get me jealous?" Toby asked.

"Did it work?"

"I mean, it got me suspicious, but I just thought A was out of the picture."

"Well, I assure you the test isn't mine, so please just bury it back in the trash, wear some clothes, and come down for food."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toby, when are you going back to Rosewood?" Mom asked during dinner and I gave her a cold look. "Not that we don't love having you here...I was just asking."

"It's fine, Mrs. Hastings," Toby said and laughed. "I'm staying here a couple of days, but I'll go back to my motel tomorrow."

"Toby, you're welcome to stay here for the weekend," Dad offered. "Spencer brought one of her guy friends here last week. As long as you guys sleep in different rooms, we're fine."

"But Toby isn't gay," Mom said and I gave her a look again.

"I'm going to go get the dessert," I blurted out.

"Need some help?" Toby asked and immediately stood up so he wouldn't have to indulge in an awkward conversation with my parents.

"I don't even think there is dessert," I said when we entered the kitchen. "I just needed to get out of there."

"Well, I know what I want for dessert," Toby replied and I laughed. That joke was overused.

"Oh, I found some lemon pie that Melissa made two weeks ago!" I exclaimed while I scanned the fridge.

"Melissa!" Toby yelled back and I turned around. "Melissa!"

"What?" I asked, but then understood. "Ew! Why would she fool around in the guest room?"

"Let's just forget about this. It's not our business," Toby said and took the pie for me as we walked back to the dining room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't sleep," a voice said and I looked up from my phone. Toby entered my room, wearing a large shirt and pajama bottoms.

"Well, we can talk. At least until my parents go to sleep," I said and he sat on my bed.

"So how have you been?"

"Um, I've been good. A bit lonely in the relationship department, but I have a lot of great friends at Stanford to keep me company."

"That's great," he said and stood up. "So you want to play something fun?"

My ears perked up and I placed my phone aside. "I don't think that's appropriate, Tobes. My parents are wide awake in the next room."

"Ew, not that!" Toby said and rummaged through my closet. "Like a game. Video game. Board game. Anything, you perv."

"Oh," I muttered, feeling a little disappointed. "Check the bottom right of the closet," and he obeyed.

He turned around, carrying a box that I did not recognize at first.

"Scrabble!" Toby said and ran to my bed. He immediately opened it and started setting up the board.

"Damn, you're way too excited."

"Yeah, because it's the one thing I can kick your ass in, Spencer Hastings."

"You wish, goofball," I said and he leaned in and gave me an unexpected kiss on the cheek.