Chapter 276

Chapter 276: Toby's POV

Spencer's head rested on my shoulder while my hand lay on her waist. We were perfect. No, she was perfect. I was her accessory.

"Baby, it's getting late. Maybe we should go," she informed me.

"But it's so beautiful."

"But driving at midnight when there are drunk drivers everywhere is not so beautiful, Tobes."

"You're such a loser!" I teased.

"Well, sucks for you because I'm your loser."

"Come on, babe. We can just spend the whole night here."

"No way! That's too unsafe."

"Fine, ten more minutes," I pleaded and batted my eyes.

"If only you weren't so damn cute."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn, it's almost midnight," Spencer said when we entered Kenny's car. She had volunteered to drive and frankly, I could not pass up on that opportunity.

"Let's just go home fast," I said, but didn't have to repeat that twice because Spencer was already driving at top speed.

"You can sleep if you want."

"I'll be awake," I said as we entered the freeway.

"So you like Golden Gate, huh?"

"So fucking beautiful. Can't believe I didn't see it last time I was here."

"Sorry I didn't take you or sorry that Mark didn't take you," Spencer said when she took an exit. There were no cars on the road and Spencer was in a hurry to get home safely.

"Spence, you can slow down, you know. I'm here with you."

"I'm sorry, Tobes. I just hate driving this late."

"Ok, pull over right now. We're going to switch."

"No!"

"I'm going to drive the rest of the way. Pull into the parking lot of Safeway," I instructed.

"There are no cars on the road. I'll just park right here in the bike lane."

"It'll take a minute more! Why are you in such a fucking hurry? Go into the parking lot."

"I'm sick of you always telling me what to do," Spencer said in an annoyed tone and pulled over right in the fucking bike lane. This was beyond illegal and I was sick of Spencer's stubborn personality. "Get out."

I got out of the car and slammed the door and made my way towards the driver's door.

"So fucking annoying," I muttered and Spencer flipped me off. 

"Hate you, Toby," Spencer retaliated.

As I opened the driver's door, I took my phone out of my back pocket and threw it in the car. I stretched my hands up and rotated my body, stiff from sitting in Kenny's tiny car.

Headlights.