Chapter 285

Chapter 285: Spencer's POV

I dropped my chair at Toby's comment and walked slowly towards him. Toby was smiling at me and Brad stared at me in awe.

"Spencer, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Brad asked and dragged me outside of the room.

"What?" I asked.

"Is Toby your boyfriend or something?"

"Well, before he lost his memory, we were dating," I admitted.

"Wow! Do you know how humiliated I feel? You just used me so I would bring you here. I thought you were actually interested in me!"

"So you only do nice things for girls so you can get in their pants?" I asked. "Damn, Melissa was right about you."

"No, but I genuinely thought you felt something for me. Now I just feel so used. You know what? I'm just going to drive back so I can be with an actual friend, Adam."

"Well, you can just leave me here. Melissa will pick me up," I said and he shook his head. "I'm sorry, Brad. You're a great guy and you literally can get girls who are so much better than me. Not a girl who has spent more than six years on an amazing guy and can't ever move on from him."

"Damn, six years?" Brad asked loudly in amazement. "I thought he was just some little fling."

"Toby Cavanaugh can never just be a little fling," I said proudly. "He's my soulmate. We were going to get married. I love him and I can't imagine a day that I won't love him."

"Well, I'm definitely leaving now," he replied but smiled. "You'll call your sister, right?"

"She's going to kill me, but I'll let her know I'm here. Thanks again," I said.

We entered the room again and walked towards Toby.

"Get better soon," Brad told him. "I'll see you later."

"Thanks," came Toby's blunt reply.

"Hey," I said and he smiled.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Thanks for my gift."

"The gift of forgiveness?" he asked and my eyes lit up.

"I was talking about my scrapbook, but that works, too."

"Sit next to me," Toby said and I climbed on his bed. I put very little weight on it, but he pulled me in towards him so that I was laying on his shoulder.

"I don't want to hurt you," I said.

"You've hurt me enough, Spencer, but you're worth the pain."

"Oh, I missed you so much!" I exclaimed and kissed him on the forehead.

"Hun, I've been here this whole time."

"You know what I mean. Why the sudden change? Was it Brad?"

"Maybe. Honestly, seeing you two together made me feel uncomfortable. Like you were cheating on me even though you guys weren't doing anything wrong. It took me long enough to realize what kind of a girl I was pushing away."

"It's not your fault, Tobes."

"I know," he said and squeezed me. "So we were supposed to get married?"

"What?" I asked in surprise. "You heard us?"

"You two weren't exactly quiet. Relax, I know I've proposed to you a lot of times. I read the whole scrapbook."

"Yeah," I said and he stroked my face with his cast.

"Kiss me please."

"Of course, babe," I said and leaned in and kissed him passionately on his smooth lips.

"Damn, how did I ever get a girl like you?" Toby asked as I pulled away.

"I thought you read the whole scrapbook!" I teased as we both laughed.