Chapter 234

Chapter 234: Toby's POV

I parked outside Spencer's house, but she was already waiting on the curb. 

"That's my shirt," I said after she sat in the parking seat. She was dressed casually, wearing jeans and my checkered blue shirt that I gave to her when we were dating, with her hair in a high ponytail.

"So? Just drive," she replied and I took off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One word. Crowded.

Everyone and I literally meant everyone was at this party. Spencer and I could barely walk through all the drunk teenagers wildly dancing. Lawrence's house was big, but definitely not big enough to hold the number of people he invited.

"I think I'm going to find Hanna. She just texted me that she's here," Spencer replied and I nodded. "I'll meet you soon."

"Ok, I think I'm going to find Lawrence in this miss. Say hi to him."

"Good luck," she replied and we parted.

Surprisingly, it took me all of ten seconds to find Lawrence. He was in the kitchen alone, getting some beers out of the fridge. 

"Hey, do you need any help?" I asked and Lawrence put the beers down on the counter when he saw me.

"Holy shit, Tobias Cavanaugh!" he greeted me and laughed. He came over and gave me a friendly hug and then laughed again. Same old Lawrence Foxx...

"What's up?" I asked as he scanned my profile.

"Damn, dropping out of high school has been good to you. Looking good, man. I see you cut your hair."

"Yeah, I realized I wasn't pulling enough bitches," I joked as I helped him carry the beers to the backyard. "Speaking of pulling bitches, how are college chicks?" I remembered how popular  Lawrence was back in high school. Every girl drooled over him and he had hooked up with plenty.

"Don't laugh at me, but I haven't gotten one girl since high school ended."

"You're kidding, right?" I asked in shock. "Every girl in Rosewood High loved you!"

"Maybe," Lawrence replied as we sat on some lawn chairs, sipping beers. "But once you get to college, girls don't give a shit about looks and all. They care about how smart you are and personality and all that."

"Gross," I joked and Lawrence laughed.

"How about you?"

"Um, I'm not with anyone right now."

"Oh, well, that's what this party is for. At least for me. Find a smoking hot girl to kiss at midnight and then hook up with her after."

"Good luck," I noted.

"I mean, it won't be easy, but crap!" Lawrence suddenly screamed and I turned to see where he was looking. "Who's that chick? She's hella sexy."

He was looking at who had just walked in through the backyard door. It was Spencer walking alone, talking to some guy I didn't recognize.

"Um, the brunette?"

"Yeah. Who is that fine ass?"

"I have no idea," I lied.

"Well, whoever she is, I need her to be the girl I hook up with tonight," Lawrence said and I groaned. The guy Spencer was with headed towards the pool, but Spencer turned and walked toward us.

"Shit, she's coming here," Lawrence whispered. "Be my wingman please."

"I think she's dating that guy," I tried to say so Logan would back off.

"Then why would she be walking toward us?" Lawrence asked and I groaned.

"Hey," Spencer said when she approached us.

I smiled, but Lawrence took control.

"Hey, gorgeous. Want a beer?"

"No, thanks," she said and turned to me. "Want to dance?"

"I would love to," Lawrence replied before I could open my mouth. He stood up and took Spencer back in the house.

"Hold up!" I yelled, but they were already talking in full action. "Spencer!"

Lawrence kept talking to Spencer and put his hand around her hip. She rested her hand around his waist. They kept walking as I tried to scoot my way towards them. Eventually, I gave up as they walked farther and farther and I could have sworn I saw his hand scoot down.

---

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. There was a power cut in my area.

Also, tomorrow is my 17th birthday! :)