Chapter 88

Chapter 88: Toby's POV

I watched Wren as he drove off. That bastard. Worse, my phone was in my car too.

I had taken some abandoned random freeway that I had never been on. I didn't even know what direction to walk in to get home and like, one car passed me every minute. I kept waving my hands, but everyone just thought I was a pathetic hitch hiker.

This was hopeless. I would probably die here. I started walking in the direction I came from. Hopefully, I could just find an exit and walk into a store with a helpful owner.

As I walked, a car honked and pulled over in my direction. I walked past it without looking at the driver.

"Toby!" I heard a familiar girl's voice say as the driver pulled down the window. I looked inside. Shit, it was that former nerdy bitch Mona Vanderwaal.

"Mona?" I asked.

"Yes, it's me. What are you doing here? And might I add, prom is in May," she said, inspecting my outfit.

She was such bitch. Alison 2.0. But I needed her help so I had to play nice and just laughed.

"Long story," I explained.

"Well, hop into my car and you can tell me all about it on the ride."

"Mona, please, can I just borrow your phone? I'll make one quick call and return it back," I pleaded.

"You can if you get into my car," Mona told me. Damn, she was creepy.

"What do you want from me?" I asked her in the creepiest voice I had.

"You'll see," she smirked.

"Mona, I'm not interested in you or your schemes."

"Oh please, Toby, I'm not into you. I don't need Spencer Hasting's leftovers. And I'm just trying to help you. You'll see. Trust me."

"Well, I don't trust you."

"Fine, I'll just leave you and you can pray that some other nice person comes and saves your ass."

She turned on her engine, ready to drive off.

I don't know what made me do it, but I ran to the other side of her car and got in the backseat.

"Oh, Toby, I promise you, you won't regret where I'm taking you."

"Wait, aren't you taking me home?" I asked and tried opening the door so I could get out, but she had already child locked the doors.

"No, we're going to Bucks County," Mona said and drove off.