Chapter 136

Chapter 136: Toby's POV

My knife dropped to the floor and I turned around to see Spencer standing on the staircase, looking disappointed and mad.

I turned back to the intruder. There she stood in front of me. Her clothes looked tattered, she was a little taller than when I had seen her last, and she was still as beautiful as ever. Her blond hair was in its regular beautiful curls and her piercing eyes met mine.

"Alison?" I asked and Spencer came and stood next to me.

"Hi," she squealed. "I knew you'd be here."

"Where have you been all this time?" I asked. "More importantly, what are you doing here at 2 AM?"

"I, I was kidnapped," Alison said.

"Bullshit," Spencer croaked and Alison looked at her, surprised to see her in my house.

"I didn't know you two were friends."

"What are you doing here at 2 AM and how did you break in?" I asked, changing the topic.

Alison took a bobby pin from her hair. "This has become a really helpful tool over the past years. And look, I'm sorry. I was kidnapped all this time and I finally escaped and came back here, but I didn't know where to go. Your house was the first one I could think of."

"Um, how about to your parents' house? The police station?" Spencer asked, not believing Ali's story one bit.

"I can't deal with all the questions now."

"You could've called me," I said.

"I, my phone's dead and I didn't think you would pick up this late."

"So you just planned to break into my house?" I asked.

"I was just going to crash on your couch or something and then when you woke up, I would explain. Please, can I just stay here for tonight?" Alison pleaded. I could see how sad she looked and I pitied her, but Spencer scoffed.

"You two have a good night. I'm going back to sleep," Spencer said and went upstairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, again," Alison said as we entered my room.

"It's no big deal. I was awake anyway."

"That's not the only thing I'm sorry for," she said and sat on my bed. "I missed your room. I really liked it here."

"You can just sleep on my bed," I said, trying not to make things awkward. "I'll go down and watch some TV or talk to Spencer."

"Thanks, Toby," she said and touched my hand. I pulled back immediately and she frowned.

"I thought, oh, well, I'm sorry," Alison said.

"I'm not available and even if I was, I wouldn't be into you," I said bluntly.

"Well, I didn't know you and Spencer were good friends. She always told me she hated you," Alison retaliated.

"A lot has happened since you were kidnapped," I said and signaled air quotes around kidnapped.

"I'll just sleep now," Ali said and lied down on my bed.

"Good night," I said. "And I'm going to take you to the police station first thing in the morning. I can't be caught helping you hide."

"Thanks," she replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, where's Jenna?" I asked as I walked into her room, seeing only Spencer lying on the floor.

She got up and smiled at me. "She got scared and went to your parents' room."

"Oh gosh, are they awake?"

"I don't know, but I told her Alison was here, which is why she got scared and left."

"Yeah," I said. "Ali just slept off."

"She's really pretty," Spencer noted and I could sense a tone of sadness in her voice. "Even prettier than before if that's even possible."

"Spence, between you two, she's without," I said and Spencer blushed.