Chapter 77

Chapter 77: Spencer's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. I was too busy thinking about what had just happened. Tomorrow's lunch needed to run perfectly so Mom and Dad, especially Dad, could see how wonderful Toby was.

I woke up earlier than usual and took a long shower. My phone started ringing and I was glad to see it was Toby. 

"Spence," he said as I picked up. "I'm so nervous. What do I wear? Do I bring something? A gift? Should I try some accents?"

I laughed and replied, "Toby, be yourself. You'll be great."

I got dressed and waited for him to arrive. At around noon, Toby rang the bell. I opened it to see him wearing a nice suit and tie.

"Woah, I didn't know we were going to prom," I remarked. "You look sexy though."

He just laughed and kissed my cheek. "You look sexier," he whispered in my ear.

"My parents are setting the table. We eat early here so we should just head on to the kitchen."

As we walked in the kitchen, Mom and Dad were whispering to each other, but immediately stopped when we walked in.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hastings, so nice to see you," Toby said enthusiastically while Mom and Dad just smiled and murmured "hello."

We sat down, but there were two extra chairs present.

"Mom, why the extra chairs and plates? Maybe we should make more room for those of us that are actually present?" I suggested.

"Oh, we didn't tell you. Melissa is bringing her new boyfriend over for lunch as well," Dad told me.

I groaned and wondered which pathetic loser my sister would bring home this time.

Melissa walked in the kitchen and said hello. I drank some water to avoid any confrontation.

Then her "new" boyfriend walked in.

"Hello Spencah," said a familiar British voice.

I immediately spat out a lot of water, but Toby spat out even more.

Author's note: I'm not at home (in another country for vacation) and I haven't had wifi for the past week so sorry for the delay. I'll try to update it as often as possible, but the wifi is a little shaky. -Vidya